Ranking
Original Post
The future
It is a long time in the future, 2000 years to this day.

The ship had just spotted the pluto-like world and had approached it carefully. After a few days of inspection, the crew came to the conclusion that the world was basically a solid ball of ice.
They sent down the first team of explorers onto this cold lonely planet, and for a 3 days, the explorers were on heaven.
It wasn't until that fateful day, the 5th day they had been at the planet, did they discover anything.
"Hey! Over here! I see something! It's moving!" One of the young men called out
Everybody rushed over to see what he was shouting at, and everyone peered at the figure that was rising beneath the ice.
"What the hell is it?" Asked the rebellious girl
The figure suddenly popped from the ice and cocked his head at the young man who had been shouting.
Then without warning, ripped the young mans head off.
"Holy Mary mother of god" Breathed someone at the back

The second wave of visitors that came to the planet saw no evidence of the massacre, and after 2 weeks on the ice, another young man who had been on the first wave wandered into camp.
"Jesus, where is his arm?!" Yelled the Doctor

The young man who survived the Toribashians, was the great-great grandson of the most powerful and richest person alive today, Sir Hampus. When he heard what had happened, Hampus quickly made way to the frozen planet on the fastest ships available that 2000 years in the future.
On arrival he found no evidence of the ship that lay in orbit, nor the teams that went onto the ice.
With a cold look at the even colder planet, Hampus instructed the computer to destroy the planet.
Little did he know, he was too late. The Toribashians had stolen the ship and ate it's resources to invent The Gate.
The Gate was a wormhole. A gateway to other worlds, a shortcut through space and time.
"It is working Master Toribashian"
veb smiled.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Re: The future
After several days of orbiting the pluto-like world, Hampus made his way back to Earth. He was sitting in his chair beside a large soft-screen which showed the Bundaberg Galaxy.
Hampus thought back to the day when the whole concept of Toribash was only a game, a game you played on a computer. Something that couldn't even harm a fly.
Hampus sighed. He got up and walked over to the mini bar and poured himself a shot of Smirnoff Blue.
'Goddamn veb' he thought. 'goddamn him'.

It was over less than 2000 years ago that veb had decided to go to University and study Mechatronics and Genetic Engineering, with the hopes of combining robotics and humans together to create something quite unimaginable.
He graduated from Canterbury University with Honours in both Mechatronics and Genetic Engineering. He went straight to a job at Honda Robotics.
It was there that veb invented a qauntum chip that can be surgically implanted into Humans heads and have access to an Operating System and the Internet. This invention won veb a Nobel prize, and the invention was dubbed 'the greatest thing ever by mankind'.
Humans were now able to use a lot more than the 10% of their brain that they were originally using, think extroadinary speeds and compute the answers to extremely complex problems in no time at all.
veb went on to create so many new inventions, and was one of the leading researchers and builders in the NanoGen machine, a machine quite capable of doing anything.
You could create anything on the machine and all you needed to do was "compile" it and the 'anything' would be created from raw materials by nanotechnology.
Like many in the research field, veb worked hard, and like many, he burned out at a young age.
Then, he turned to Software Engineering, already a multi-trillionare with many award-winning software, he started up a new company. It wasn't long until veb got bored of writing software for snobby and arrogant clients. He was very nearly sentenced for attempted murder on the worlds richest person (at that time 2000 years ago) after he stated "your code looks like it was pulled from your arse".
Then, Hampus offered veb a job developing Toribash, one of the most successful computer games ever created.
veb quite happily accepted this job, and put all his energy and time to developing Toribash. However, as a very intelligent person, he soon got bored again.
He disapered of the face of the Earth and wasn't seen or heard from for many months, which shocked official people all around the world. There hadn't been a suicide nor a runaway in 20 years - not since veb created the system (at gunpoint by the NSA of America) that killed everyones Freedom.
One day, when Hampus was in his IRC channel, veb joins. HIs words are still haunting Hampus to this present day:
"I created a real-live Toribasian Hampa... It's as real as you or me. But I did something wrong, I hooked it's central brain core up to Jade..."

Jade, was the worlds most advanced Artificial Intelligence System that had just crossed the other side 3 days before.
The first peice of code to yell to the world: I am not a machine, I am me!

will be continued
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.