Ranking
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
What do you all think about head phone burn in? Does it really make a difference? I just bought some new earbuds that were supposed to have decent bass, and there's none at all - but I read burning them in first could help.

For example http://www.burninwave.com/

Burn-in is a documented fact for large dynamic transducers - but the effect is very small.

The best way to "burn in" a headphone is by listening to it - because it is your mind that adjusts to a particular frequency response. More often than not when something has "no bass" it's because you are used to "too much".

I wouldn't give too much thought about it and start listening to your headphones more and see if you can adapt to lack of "OMGAWD BAZZ" as there are very few decent headphones with a truckload (at a stretch the DT770 and DT990, some Ultrasone models and XB series, none of which I personally like or would recommend)

I'll get back to you muffindo, weather is too shit to think about it. Feel free to check out Sony XB700 if you want huge bass. I'd recommend trying to get a used grado/alessandro model or something or just sticking to a KSC75
Last edited by m0o; Feb 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
Well I don't want huge bass, I just want to be able to hear it. I was disappointed because they sound like my built in laptop speakers. The earbuds are supposed be able to play sounds from 20 hz on up, but I can't hear anything until about 50 hz, and even then it's nearly inaudible until 150hz.
Last edited by Logic; Feb 15, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Well I don't want huge bass, I just want to be able to hear it. I was disappointed because they sound like my built in laptop speakers. The earbuds are supposed be able to play sounds from 20 hz on up, but I can't hear anything until about 50 hz, and even then it's nearly inaudible until 150hz.

What are they?
Try philips oneill the snug...

I have them and the sound is really clear! They are very comfortable and good looking!
I'm considering getting some new headphones, and I've been checking out headphones.com.au. Looking in their "recommended" section, I found two that I like the look of in my price range: the Alessandro: MS-1 and the Audio Technica: ATH-AD700. Which one would you recommend, if any?
EDIT: I also don't listen to a specific type of music, I just want good all-rounder headphones.
Last edited by fat0ninja; Feb 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
What are they?

I got the Thinksound TS01.

Here's a review:http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/t...ntMain;compare

I didn't want to spend much because they are pretty much just for when I go to the gym or run, but I think since I spent 50 bucks on them I may return them, spend a little more, and get the Klipsch Image S4. review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/k...ntMain;compare
Last edited by Logic; Feb 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
I'm considering getting some new headphones, and I've been checking out headphones.com.au. Looking in their "recommended" section, I found two that I like the look of in my price range: the Alessandro: MS-1 and the Audio Technica: ATH-AD700. Which one would you recommend, if any?
EDIT: I also don't listen to a specific type of music, I just want good all-rounder headphones.

I'd recommend the AD700.

If you're in Perth, go in and listen?
Price: Ѓ50 and under

Genres:
Drum and bass, alt and indie rock, electro

Where you will be using it:

-travelling on buses etc. - 60%
-running - 20%
-walking to school etc. - 20%

What I will be using them with:
Mainly my iPod touch

I would prefer in-ear earphones that have a decent amount of noise isolation so as to blcok out the bus engine and such. I also would like the earphones to have a good amount of bass range, and detailed sound quality.

Quit, probably.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
I'd recommend the AD700.

If you're in Perth, go in and listen?

I live in canberra ;_;
But thanks, I'll look into them.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES

Ps3 turtle beaches are what i use around 60 usd or 70
they work for the computer and xbox they
are X21
oh and birdflu these block out sound perfectly also order them online if you want :P