Toribash
Originally Posted by Stance View Post
Someone help me get good at ukebashing lmao

You should try to be more fluent in your starters if you can. It'll make the replay look a lot more controlled. You have the idea on breaks sorta. You want you really build momentum and get your tori to phase through uke. You could get some sweet boom hits if you can get that down, and that'll help give you more options in general.

Still looking good, you keep getting better stance
Im working on another ukebash replay right now ill implement the tips you gave me.

in my opinion ukebashing is more about building speed and releasing it all into uke(or at least most of it) in new and cool looking ways
what you did in the replay was just launch at uke and split him
you should try building momentum in weird as ways and then releasing it into uke
if your more comfortable in -30 grav there are some amazing ukebashing replays that are in -30 so try doing something goofy in -30
the most important things that make a replay look good in my opinion are speed, fluidity, and uniqueness
try to exemplify that

I think openers are my problem im more used to the realistic aspects of replaymaking that doing weird and unorthodox things is kinda hard

Edit: Done with the replay. I tried to manip and it didn't go well
Attached Files
[Uke] Ughmanips.rpl (338.2 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by Stance; Nov 12, 2018 at 08:54 PM.

So about the opener, I tried to aerial and it didn't go well. There were also some twitches but eh im lazy. you should watch the replay up there^^^^^^ instead
Attached Files
[Tricking] Manicure.rpl (446.8 KB, 16 views)

looks much better than the last tricking replay i saw very floaty and i like your form much more. just work on power and speed and keep doing what you're doing brochacho
you can have a realistic style in ukebashing too, look at largekilla, for example

Ughmanips:

so i like the opener in this one, cool little handstand that transitioned into nice spins, a bit of ghosting at around 825 though, and your speed kinda paused a little at around 700

you maybe could have lifted uke with your left hand there at 540 but your left leg was too extended to provide footing, you opted to lift 30 frames later which is good enough

at 500, you tapped uke's head when you could have gently hit uke's arm while launching with your left leg, which would allow for a better spin and still be moving towards uke

contracting your right leg more at 400 might've given you better footing to continue the manip and not need a grab to be able to dm uke. dm itself is just a cheap grab, it would be better to use your legs to create some momentum for a dm

your movement and flow is decent but slightly sloppy, they are not really executed to their fullest potential
Thanks, ^^^

More Ukebashing. Tried it on -20 and it was much more fun imo. CnC required. (there's 2 versions cause i couldn't pick what one i liked better
Attached Files
[Uke] Dickshitnickpick1.rpl (288.9 KB, 8 views)
[Uke] Dickshitnickpick2.rpl (178.7 KB, 9 views)

been a while since i've posted so here is a wip
Attached Files
jumponaboy2.rpl (270.5 KB, 5 views)

This took me forever to get motivation for and it's def not my best work but i would love some CnC
Attached Files
[Spar] Santa Vs Fake Santa.rpl (905.3 KB, 6 views)