ES Recruitment Drive
For me, gameplay has to be the first priority of any game dev.

I have an example

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vs Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Sure Skyrim has some of the most beautiful graphics around, but it far off the mark in terms of gameplay when compared to its younger bro Oblivion. In Oblivion, a lot more time was taken to design the side quests and storylines, and so one is a lot more drawn into the world. Lets use the Dark Brotherhood as an example. In Oblivion,

Dark Brotherhood Quest details

In Skyrim, on the other hand, one can complete the whole Dark Brotherhood quest in a day, and one is hardly satisfied thereafter.

Also, Diablo 2 is much more enjoyable than Torchlight 2, even though the latter got all they had in the graphics department. I still play Diablo 2 these days, after 10 years.
Last edited by Sloth; Apr 25, 2015 at 01:24 AM.
Graphics don't matter if I game is complete trash, some of the greatest games have the crappiest graphics.

Solax was here.
Agreed with whiskers completely

i mean hell look how successful minecraft and terraria are neither of which have great graphics
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
i'm on both sides, sort of.
i'm fine with bad graphics for some games, such as competitive fps games.
but i do enjoy high graphics games, such as gta v or beamng, or something else.
there are still games like gta sa or something else, with complete shit graphics which i still can enjoy very much.
M I N I V A N
I would prefer to have an equal of balance between gameplay and graphics, because imo if the game looks like total ass then that takes away from the gameplay because you won't feel as immersed, and vice versa.
If I have to choose I'd prefer gameplay, having fun is better then being angry at something pretty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|