Toribash
I don't believe that the methods in the video are the most efficient or the most sanitary. So, I'm opposed to it.

The base of most arguments against these kinds of practices is morals, or something like it. Compassion for your fellow fluffy creatures. I'm going to sound cruel now, but, why does it matter if these animals suffer? Or maybe, why does it matter that the systems developed over time by evolution within these animals to help them survive are being activated while they die? What true purpose does it serve to make sure those processes aren't activated and they die unconscious?

There you have it. There's a double standard. Humans get that treatment, anesthetic when we're in pain, a quick death for death row inmates, and a wish for a painless death in our sleep. Isn't that natural? We don't want pain, we don't like pain! Putting other creatures in pain is bad too. Pain sucks.

I haven't watched the whole video yet: It's rather depressing watching things die. Blending extremely cute baby chicks is really sad.

But it's deeper than that and we need to look at it past a moral standpoint, and even past shutting it up with "efficiency" as the excuse. I think there are perfectly rational reasons outside of "BWUT DEH POOR CUTE COW YOU MONSTER FF-" Tainted meat, tasteless meat. I don't want to be eating something that has had sores growing on it or an muscle-less chicken cooped up in a pen and floundering in its own feces.

We want to eat healthy animals! And by nature, a healthy animal is a happy animal. These animals are not either. It's in almost all cases, and perfectly natural, that the "happiness" of the animal is directly correlated to the healthiness of that animal. Doesn't that make sense? Dragging out the death of these animals firstly causes the animal pain, but it's also often inefficient. Lastly, the act of killing something is just... well, just that. You killed something irrelevant of it's pain. That's got to do something to the human conscious.
god will not give those people another birth,they will keep suffering in the fire of hell
i mean how can someone do it?!
it is too pityless
animals can't speak,but this doesn't mean you can do this kind of things to them...
Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
god will not give those people another birth,they will keep suffering in the fire of hell
it is too pityless
animals can't speak,but this doesn't mean you can do this kind of things to them...

Originally Posted by toricant View Post
Mohit is right.

Those people are very cruel!

Kaminey Insaan!!!

Dont you eat meat?
Or is it rather that you dont wanna know the truth, the farmers and the "butchers" are not the ones to blame for this, the end consumer always is. What would you do if there is a more efficent but less moral thing to do and its a matter of being employed or not, and then lets see what happns to any industry and/or any society after 20 years....
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Dont you eat meat?
Or is it rather that you dont wanna know the truth, the farmers and the "butchers" are not the ones to blame for this, the end consumer always is. What would you do if there is a more efficent but less moral thing to do and its a matter of being employed or not, and then lets see what happns to any industry and/or any society after 20 years....

So, you enjoy the pigs getting killed by their heads being snapped on the ground?

Or all you think about is meat in them?

We have largest farm in our city.

Nearly 85+ cows and our religion teaches us to slaughter them Gently, not by butchering them like a ninja.
I'd like to see a profitable (or at least break-even) industrial-scale meat farm that is absolutely cruelty free, with the animals in a clean and comfortable environment similar to their natural habitat before they are "humanely slaughtered"...

I doubt there's such a thing! A slaughterhouse is not a vacation resort for animals! You turn everyone into vegans, all those people lose their jobs and stocks drop!

Small privately owned farms obviously will use more conscionable practices, but those farms cannot support the demand of our population...

Humans are omnivorous, we grow the teeth for it and our stomachs produce the enzymes for it! It's always been that way and it always will! Animals hunted and eaten as prey by predators in the wild often endure worse than those shown in the video... If you like to eat meat, that video really shouldn't bother you all that much. If it does bother you the next time you try to eat a cheeseburger, try biting into a whole onion or a radish or some other horrible vegetable, it will remind you how delicious meat and cheese is!

by the way... nobody ever makes this type of video for "Save the Veggies"! Plants are alive too, just because they don't have a brain doesn't mean we aren't killing them!

Bottom line = Should baby piglets be slammed on the floor by a guy in a flannel shirt? - No!... Am I gonna stop eating pork because that may or may not be happening to my next meal? - Nope, bacon is my favorite food! - sorry, sad but true!... Would I want to slaughter my own pig every time I want some bacon? - Hell No!... Do I want this video playing in the back of my mind every time I eat? - Not particularly!

There's worse things happening in the world!
(Not saying it's right, just saying "oh well")
Last edited by GenX000; May 9, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
<3 Toribash!
wrong place to post this i think...
My Fan Club|†Custom Belt†|†Proud Piratez Overseer and Chest Keeper†| Click or Die|
Do What You Want Cuz A Pirate Is Free. You Are A Pirate!!
Uberis|FighterKHV|Firebolty|TheDog96|TheAnimal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
it is too pityless

Originally Posted by toricant View Post
Mohit is right.

Those people are very cruel!

Kaminey Insaan!!!

is that all you guys have to say? o jolly, because im going to burn in the fires of hell im going to say this is all cruel!

get out. seriously, just get out.

my father has worked at a slaughter house when i was a kid. he had to feed his family because he had problems finding work. the things he has seen there wer not pretty, but he could stand it. shooting pins in cows heads and yes, there is always a booched one. it happens easyer then you think.

either way, if you put these animals in the wild they will be killed aswell, in a more horrible way.

and lets face it, what do you prefer? cheap and tasty meat, or EXPENSIVE tasty meat. thats right, you want the cheaper one.

and it brings me back to another point wich is halal meat. do you even know how those animals are slaughtered just because of a religion? now thats cruel.
Last edited by Takkrala; May 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Half of that video is VERY, I repeat, VERY untrue. The meat I get comes from a farm with well treated cows, pigs, and the works. The cows are humanly put down, with a single, painless shot to the head to just simply kill them. They use an air spike gun, which is quicker, but it usually takes 2 shots from those and puts the animals in more pain. These slaughterhouses look like they are in taiwan or somewhere. I can honestly say I have worked in a slaughterhouse before, located in indiana. None of the cows, chickens, or pigs are treated anywhere near that. No physical abuse, no diseases, no abnormal tissue damage or anything. This video is putting on the worse of the worse...Some factories are different from each other, but if you live in the Indiana/Kentucky/Eastern Ohio region your meat and poultry is safe.
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
I thought we had the technology to like, completely purify the meat from all harmful bacteria, except for the occasional botched batch.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say