Toribash
Original Post
Toribash as a sprite maker?
I just had an awesome idea that might not be too hard to implement. What If Toribash was used to record sprites for a regular fighting game? So you could bind certain short recordings to a button or combo of buttons on a keyboard or game pad?

then you select a certain move set of say... 16 moves from your list of recordings, then go into a fight, or download other peoples' recorded moves and work them into your set. If there were a rating system, the best mover would automatically rise to the top. And picking the best move set would ad a layer of strategy to it, seeing who has built " the best deck"

Does this sound as awesome to anyone else as it does to me? I know it's just a start, but the whole cross platform, user created content, [insert buzzword here] thing is a trend in gaming right now, and Even with the stick figures in the final version, I think they could sell that to a publisher.

Even on consoles, you could either download others' moves, or go on the pc and make your own and upload them so they sould be downloaded to your 360 or whatever.
That really is an awesome idea, however most flashy move's (like in tekken) are really too fast to do on toribash itself.

But that really is a great idea!
you could just take the tori moves and speed them up in the fighting game if im following this right
if people could get me a massive sprite sheet of tori characters I could make it into a 2d fighting game...
Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
if people could get me a massive sprite sheet of tori characters I could make it into a 2d fighting game...

...flash?
I haz a Radioactive fetish.
Originally Posted by 715379 View Post
...flash?

I was thinking MUGEN.
Anyways: I'm thinking that we would need a better camera control or a lua script for a special camera location so it doesn't fubar. It would have to be directly horizontal yet the fighters couldn't touch during the sprite recording so that means that a new camera angle would be absolutely necessary.
All around though, excellent idea.
Forum Posting Leader of UkeDemon 4th Dan Black Belt
<C0XY> i wrote a artical for the torinews... im proud
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>