ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by kwygon View Post
-blah-

1. Contradictory to a previous post that said Obama would totally disarm
2.Wouldnt it be better to do something that worked?
3.You obviously know nothing about the war. The bombs are strategically placed to destroy military targets and minimalise civilian casualties.
4.You truly think that’s guerrilla warfare? Oh please. They are fighting in cities. Not the jungle for fuck sake.
I assure you, I have done my research.

-crap-

1. You can't totally disarm in one treaty, someone will get too pissed. Obama wanting to reduce the warheads down to 1k each was considered 'radical', anything less would be considered 'pointless.'
2. An attempt at doing something to work IS STILL DOING SOMETHING.
3. MINIMALIZE=/=ERADICATE. You'd be pissed if I said I tried to MINIMALIZE the death of your family rather than ERADICATE it completely by bombing a house with insurgents. 1 death of a civilian can lead to numerous 'employments' by the taliban, by stressing that the U.S. doesn't give a fuck.
4. Right. In cities. Only to blow the fuck out of themselves. You really think I meant a jungle? Yeah right, mountains and random bushes=/=jungle. To even suggest that as an insult proves your argument is downright idiotic. It is guerrilla warfare. Given that the word 'guerrilla' is in almost ever paragraph of the wiki. Yeah OK anyone can edit it. It's guerrilla warfare.

Btw, you're not being controversial. You just don't have the right information and you are assuming things, mostly radically republican things.
Mr. Troll.
A few years ago, my mother went in for a biannual cancer scan. These are hella expensive btw. Turns out she had a cancerous cyst. Awesome. So my dad had to spend his life savings on medical bills for her and guess what, we couldn't even afford the cheapest treatment. Fuck yea that was awesome. So we have to haggle the hospital down. 2 years later, shes finally cancer free, but now my sister and I have to get full scholarships if we want to go to university and my parents can't retire.

The current healthcare system is perfect.

Also, fuck you, kwygon.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Oh man, I know this has been done multiple times, but man did you ask for it with that post.

Obama's presidency is a topic of great controversy.
Many people applaud his efforts in office and while they are very valiant and brave, they are completely ineffective.

If they are ineffective then why make a big thread trying to debase them?

I suppose now you think I’m a racist?
Well no, I judge him harshly on his actions and not by his skin color.

I hadn't thought of it until you got defensive and assumed that anyone who disagreed with you would be too ignorant to see
or comprehend these amazing points you are making but instead would resort to calling you a racist.

Here we can see one example of Obama alienating Israel.

Warcry covered this in he post. Israel was invented, it is a state created by outside governments, created in a part of the world that has been in turmoil for centuries. You could fart in the wrong company is Israel and
start a war.

He demanded an end to construction in east Jerusalem to which the Israeli Prime Minister Mr. Netanyahu was outraged.
He has no right to dictate the development of a city that is in no way the soil of America.
An openly religiously diverse city which was being fairly developed.
To say where the Jews can and can't live in a state that was declared theirs by the UN is despicable.

For the UN to give them the state in the first place could also be seen as despicable. As for dictating the development of a city, at least he wasn't turning it to rubble like some other presidents. Also, did you bother to check why he was doing this?

How did this help the conflict in any way?
The relationships in the Middle East between Israel and the surrounding states have never been more strained.

And you have never been older than you are right this second. Also, yes they have been more strained. Saying this is the worst Israel has ever seen is a very short sided thing to say, more probably people say it only to make the situation seem more urgent, and to arouse fear and helplessness in people.

Israel feels threatened already and now more so as Obama continues to ignore the nuclear development taking place in the Islamic states.

What states are these? Iran is dabbling in nuclear power, but it has never been proven in any way that it is for weapons. Our country has been down the road of chasing possible WMD's, why would we do it again?

If we look at it most employers already provide health care for their employees, so there are only very very few people without health care.
This bill will also create a one trillion dollar loss over the period of 10 years, which is money that the US government does not have.
After all we are in a recession.

Everyone I know works, only about 2 of them have insurance, and that probably is worthless aside from peace of mind. "Very very few" is not a good way to describe 47 billion people. Also how will this create a one trillion dollar loss? Why make a point without also adding some sort of proof? The only reason I even ask that is because that is a very big amount of money, so to claim that we will just lose it is a very bold statement. Also, the recession is slowly healing, thanks at least a little bit to the presidents stimulus package, you know the thing that was signed shorty after the time his non-eventful career as president begain.

Rather let charities do their job and provide for those people rather than taking the hard earned money of the rich, and we are not talking about the few who inherited it or such, and just hand it over to the poor.
The rich/middle class pay their taxes like anybody else and therefore do not deserve to be burdened with the medical aid bills of those who cannot afford it.
This is also fairly hypocritical as Obama himself was born into a middle class family.

Yes you are talking about the ones who inherited it and such. Also the taxes would be spread thin enough to not cause a significant burden on anyone. And not everyone who doesn't have health care is poor, and they also pay their taxes, the main difference between the poor and rich is that if you tax the poor what you tax the rich the poor people would have even less money to buy food and clothes. Our income tax already works on a sliding scale, the more a person makes, the larger amount is that is taken out. The reason people want this change to happen is that our current system is corrupt.

Cnn is known as a large supporter of Obama but even their own reporters are no longer behind the president anymore. They are now publishing articles and statements that reprimand his actions.Here is one example

Good! Im glad CNN aren't puppets like Fox News. Just because a news channel (first a foremost a business, bear in mind, that may have only been supporting the president in hope of getting ratings) The fact that they are willing to say "this and this are wrong" only proves them to be honest journalists with no political agenda. Believe it or not there was a time when news was like this, before channels and papers and reporters decided to go right or left, they walked the middle ground reporting on what they saw, not who they felt was right.

So we can clearly see that his Peace prize is a joke.
His efforts in the Middle East have been futile and he has done nothing to contribute positively to America.
Maybe if he spent less time listening to himself speak, and started to care about his own people rather that the opinions of the Islamic world he could keep his one million promises that he made in the election. Yes we can?
Of course we can, but we just need to know how. Please stop what you are doing for one second president Obama. Nobody cares about how you bought a little puppy for your kids and nobody cares that you had the support of Germany in your campaigned. What we care about is a leader and we do not see one in him. We all know that we can but so far nothing has happened. And anybody who points it out is a racist. A Blind follower's defense for every one of his actions.
No matter what color he is I only judge his actions. And so far the world is not impressed.
Any thoughts? I will listen to you with an open mind.
I would also appreciate other sources on the subject both agreeing and disagreeing

There's that race issue again, its in the first and last sentences of your post? Why?

And yes, people do care that he got a puppy. People need positive news or else they would go nuts. Furthermore I highly doubt the President asked any publication to talk about it, every presidents dog makes the news, but its not the presidents doing.

Things have happened actually, our economy is on a slow but steady rise. The war in Iraq has been downsized and more attention has been given to Afghanistan (the place Bush should have been all along)

Please stop watching fox news or listening to your parents before you make a thread about politics. Everything you are saying comes straight out a book written by people who are so concerned with BEING right that they dont care anymore about DOING what is right.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
The health reforms for the better. People who have money have to pay a bit extra. But people without money get healthcare. I think it sounds like a good deal.

For the record that wasn't sarcasm even though looking over it, it appears to be. I'm serious I support the health reform.
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits
Obama has not accomplished anything in the Middle East as I have clearly proved to you.

I have uni etc. so I was away and forgot I had commented on this thread.
Clearly? Powerline blog is now a credible source? I think not.
Provide proper sources unlike blogs etc.

He firstly has not done anything to stop the nuclear research and construction in the Middle East so he has done nothing to do with ridding the world of nuclear weapons.

He hasn't been in dialogue with Iran concerning their nuclear programme? Doing what he can to avoid another pointless war.
Yeah, I bet you would like to see the US invade Iran.

The tension remains high if not at an all time peak and there is very high risk of war.
He did a fantastic job there didn’t he?
That point is now irrelevant.

Yeah, tension is now higher than it was during the Cold War.
That point is not irrelevant, it's very relevant and you haven't debunked it.

"For example, bridging gaps with the Muslim world"
He has achieved nothing in that regard either.
The Muslims and Israelis have come no closet to peace and he has only driven one of America’s closest allies away.
As my earliest example showed you. I am not sure you have read anything in this thread so far.

You need a geography lesson, the middle east extends further than just Israel. He hasn't driven Israel away, where you got this deranged view from I don't know. He has spoken in Egypt and forged ties with them. He has given interviews on Islamic television channels. A lot of the Islamic world greatly respects him.

Once he pulls out of Iraq there will be extreme consequences.
American forces have been keeping the peace there and once they leave all hell will break loose.
There only decent law enforcement is the American troops and therefore it is nothing but a huge mistake to pull out.

So you want the troops to stay in Iraq? Permanently? When will they ever leave? How many will die before they pull out? More troops dying, more money being wasted and for nothing. Pull the troops out, leave an infrastructure behind so they can build on it.

I know exactly why he won the award and it is ridiculous.
Nothing that you have mentioned has actually happened.

Let me guess, you think it has something to do with the colour of his skin.

Now onto your second pillar
"Do you have any evidence all he does is listen to himself speak?"
Yes, all he does is make speeches and useless ones at that.
Watch the news please.

What do you suppose he does in between speeches? Passing legislation? Closing Guantanamo Bay? Talking to world leaders? Sitting about on his backside?

And I am a law student, I guarantee I watch more (quantity and credible wise) news than you do.

If you compare his gibberish to the speech that Netanyahu made at the UN you can see that most of what he says is irrelevant and has no significance.

What the most powerful man in the world says is irrelevant?

What action has he actually taken?
He gave talks on nuclear disarmament but America maintains its nuclear arsenal.

Wrong, America is currently disarming over 3,000 nukes (can't recall the exact figure)

And the Islamic states are continuously developing their own.
Another one of your points falls flat there.

And he has warned them against it. Do you want him to invade Iran? Is that what you want?
Another one of my points not debunked.

You also mentioned the Healthcare issue that has been denied by a senate that his party control.
These are people sworn to support him and even they can’t stand by him.
No matter how hard he tries to push it through it will not go though because plain and simple it is a bad idea.

The healthcare is a bad issue? I enjoy free healthcare in the UK and it's brilliant. I get cancer, it gets treated for free. You get cancer, it costs you thousands of dollars. Tell me who gets the better deal? You pay more for health insurance in one year than I will ever pay in my lifetime.

To address your final point about his policies to stop corruption.
It is a mere trivial issue compared to the recession, the war on terror, the tension in the Middle East.
Everything he has done has been trivial and pointless.
And if you would like to open the corruption door, where did the One hundred and twenty million United States Dollars come from that he spent in his campaign,
that he refuses to divulge the source.

Clearly you have not even read my post and are simply talking without any substantiation.

Considering a billion pounds was spent by both sides you are going to have to specify which $120 million you are referring to and credible sources regarding his refusal to disclose their sources.

And Faux news doesn't qualify as credible, neither does blogs.
I'm a democrat but I'm not one of those hard core ones that thinks Obama is a good president just because he's a democrat. I think he would be a much more useful President if they actually passed his bills.
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits