Ranking
Original Post
tribe/inq sponsored tori league
So me and liquidoom were talking on IRC about hosting a small event to test out and idea we both had, the tori league.

Basically we have three leagues, with ten players in each league. Or 9, or some number whatever it's open to suggests right now. Aikidobigdojo league, taekkyon league, and rk-mma league. Every fighter has a match with each person in their league, and each match is best three out of five (or two out of three) played in the specific mod their league is.

At the end of the league season (we give fighters X amount of time to complete all of the matches), the top three fighters in each league move on to the highest league. At least the first place finishers in each league will get a prize/trophy thing. Then every fighter has a match with each fighter in the final league, and the match consists of 3 best-two-out-of-three matches. One for each of the league mods. When all of the matches are finished, whoever is in first walks away with the dopest prize of all.

To verify the matches, the losing fighter must PM the score and who they were defeated by to the shared account created for this event.

Another possibility would be to occasionally run tori league rooms where fighters can join and get matches out of the way easily, and people can come and bet as well.

That's about the gist of it. Comments? Suggestions? Questions? let me know what you dudes think.
Last edited by ape; May 13, 2014 at 01:48 AM.
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
What about having a set time and date for all the matches to take place?
Star Wars Nerd - Fallout Hoe - Science Kid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wouldn't really work because it would take forever to coordinate that. It's easier to let the fighters contact each other and set a time that works for both parties.
People should be able to bet on the fights before the fight actually takes place (by PM). This would make a really interesting event.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Sounds like a horrible mess to me.

I think perhaps a better approach would be to designate in-game coordinators to simply create and "host"(moderate may be the better word here) servers for the different specialized 'leagues'. The coordinator would simply tally wins and losses by each player (heck, if we could set up a bot/script it could even just be automated) then, the top two players in each league -based on w/l (set minimum games played) or just win count - after a certain time has elapsed could compete for one large prize.

This would make the mess of an event megathread virtually disappear and keep interest in the event consistently higher.

All of this could be done on three shared accounts (one for each league preferably) that perhaps 4-5 trusted members of inq/tribe have access to each.

And lastly, I think players should only be allowed to participate in one of the leagues. It may be too hard to keep track of, however if it could be done I think it would level the playing field substantially and ultimately prove beneficial for the event.

I have a ton more ideas/comments to add on, however I'd like to hear what you guys think thus far.
Last edited by Fancy; May 13, 2014 at 02:30 AM.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I think perhaps a better approach would be to designate in-game coordinators to simply create and "host"(moderate may be the better word here) servers for the different specialized 'leagues'.

We could host these servers maybe two or three times a week per general timezone (or each general timezone has it's own league?) for an hour or so. Then we go by win/loss ratio with a minimum of x games played.

The coordinator would simply tally wins and losses by each player (heck, if we could set up a bot/script it could even just be automated) then, the top two players in each league -based on w/l (set minimum games played) or just win count - after a certain time has elapsed could compete for one large prize.

Maybe the top four get seeded 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 and winners play for big prize?

All of this could be done on three shared accounts (one for each league preferably) that perhaps 4-5 trusted members of inq/tribe have access to each.

Yes.

And lastly, I think players should only be allowed to participate in one of the leagues. It may be too hard to keep track of, however if it could be done I think it would level the playing field substantially and ultimately prove beneficial for the event.

Definitely agree with you here. That was the idea for the original version we made of this event, but I forgot to add it. If this is the case, then fighters choose whichever mod they're best at and the competition is much more competitive.
Love the idea, great competitive mods as well.
We'd be able to fund this, how much do you guys want for the event?
How much is there lying around? The prizes ought to be pretty nice. I'm sure tribe would match what we put in or something along those lines.

Also, I was putting together a post for about 15 minutes before my computer decided to shut off randomly, so here's my thoughts in a much more straight-to-the-point form:

Leagues should probably be mod/mod grouping based seeing as it would be hard to cater to all time zones (one size fits all deal here).

As for 4 people in each league going to a playoff, I think it's a good idea however the way I see it, the easier it is to organize, the better. Either way would work here.

An unlimited amount if people should be able to participate so long as they stick to one league. Through hosting these servers, it should be fairly easy to keep track of. For this I recommend we simply have a thread in Inq or tribe for the coordinators of each specific league to post results of each hosted server.

Heck, maybe we could put each clan in charge of certain leagues as well. In such case, we could simplify the competition into 2 leagues (one hosted by inq, one by tribe) that specialize in a grouping of mods, rather than one mod in particular (Ex. Greykido, aikido, ABD as compared to something along the lines of lenshu, mushu, TK). Or we could do the same idea except with four leagues- you can probably envision what that would look like.

3 leagues could certainly work too, it just depends on what we're aiming for. Just spewing ideas at the moment.
Last edited by Fancy; May 13, 2014 at 03:57 AM.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Sounds like a horrible mess to me.

I think perhaps a better approach would be to designate in-game coordinators to simply create and "host"(moderate may be the better word here) servers for the different specialized 'leagues'.

Do you mean that for a match to be counted, it should be played in these servers?
If that's so, then I am against this. It's nearly impossible to host for each timezone. One or the other always gets left out. It'll not be fair.

Also, maybe we can use the following formula to get the score of a person:-

Win / Loss * matches played (if loss = 0(not likely), we'll simply treat it as 1)

so a person able to maintain a , say, win/ loss ratio of 2 for like 9 matches (W: 6 L: 3) will have more points than someone else having the same ratio but maybe, in 3 matches ( W:2 L:1). This would also encourage people to play more and more matches.

This way, we can just make it like for eg, the leagues go on for 2 weeks(I'd suggest not to keep this longer than 2-3 weeks because iirc last year, in summerbash, which went on for a month or so, people got quite bored after a few weeks) and people can play as many matches as they want between that time period.

Edit: As far as collecting/organizing the data is concerned, we can make a seperate thread in which the winner posts the details. We can make it so that the people keep the logs in a single post instead of making a new post each time they win. Replays should be saved but only posted if needed.
Last edited by HolyButler; May 13, 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Buying/Selling heads by great artists? Shoot me a PM