ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Who do you think won?
Mrama
22 Votes / 70.97%
Micho
9 Votes / 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Art Battle #1 Mrama vs. Mich
lol we did shit for fun
We had an art battle to make a head texture which focused on 2 main colors shaman and radioactive, the head had to include tribals. And these are the outcomes
Mrama: http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g.../preview-5.png
Mich : http://i30.tinypic.com/iqgbqh.gif
Please comment/vote on who won.
Hi it's Praeter
Oh boy it's close.

The back of micho's head is so pretty while the eyes are average. Very average.

Meanwhile, mramas is cleaner but the mouth is very unnerving, which is probably a personal preference more than a design one. To me, it goes down a few pixels too many.

I can't see the back of your head mrama, and taking a pic of the entire Tori just for the head is excessive and also not as revealing as a good spinny.

That tipped me over to micho :>

EDIT: forgot to say, art battles are always fun :] Especially the more extended ones. Like: Ok you won the head battle, butthe war isn't over! I SUMMON TRAILS! *Poof* Go PikachuTrail Go!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I chose micho, because his head has such a nice flow. On Mrama's head the helmet ist really visible when u look at it from the front. I like the clean look on Mramas head, michos could do with some sharper edges. A hard descission... micho!
i chose mramas cause it looks smoother and even though the look abit of the same style micho's heads back looks just *bleep*ed off
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Oh boy it's close.

The back of micho's head is so pretty while the eyes are average. Very average.

Meanwhile, mramas is cleaner but the mouth is very unnerving, which is probably a personal preference more than a design one. To me, it goes down a few pixels too many.

I can't see the back of your head mrama, and taking a pic of the entire Tori just for the head is excessive and also not as revealing as a good spinny.

That tipped me over to micho :>

EDIT: forgot to say, art battles are always fun :] Especially the more extended ones. Like: Ok you won the head battle, butthe war isn't over! I SUMMON TRAILS! *Poof* Go PikachuTrail Go!!!!

I take pics because my computer doesnt run gimp well, if u havent noticed I've never made a spinny before.
Hi it's Praeter
Well I think Mrama won. I've always loved your work. And this one really impresses me.

Although micho's was very close
Bored of this....
Want to join GATA?
Mrama.
Reason being that he has put way more detail into the head he has created.
Mich is a good artist but I really thought that was a texture he could do much better on
I vote Mrama, head looks cleaner and it's made in nice style.
micho's head is too blurry and back is not that visible, micho, next time make the head less blurry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hmmmmm, very tough choice here, you have the style, which is tribal, that micho has obviously fufiled pretty darn good, while on mrama's, i cannot see much tribal i tell the truth, just some bits on the back, which are proper tribals, the rest look like wiggly lines. although mramas is smoother, if you requested a tribal head in those colours, you worry whether it was actually tribal, before looking at smoothness.

+1 to micho, but mramas was very,very close