Ranking
Original Post
bump/normal map help please
guess this is a good place to ask for texturin' help

mmk i made a spiderman head, and i want to make a normal/bump map for it, only problem my computer wont run shader's (its a really old laptop) and my friends brand new laptop wont load my normal's , it loads nuthug's just not mine

so can i get a lil help, i've tried several types of normal's and tried reversing x,y axes etc...

here's the bump

and the normal i tried

EDIT: realised I uploaded the smaller bump, if you want the bigger just as k ;)
I type as I speak, with several commas and run on sentences, dont be hatin'.
Well TB only really likes bumps and they are basically a hieghtmap white being the highest and black being the lowest, so your bump will look alittle weird, like his face is caving in. Try a greyface instead and just have the webbing lighter, the eyes are probs fine.

Atm your normal looks like the webbing is etched inwards. Altho TB just wiggs out for me when I stick a normal in there and my pc is epic. Unless of course this whole time it wanted a object space normal instead of tangent space, yours is also tangent space. But I highly doubt that's it.
Last edited by KungFuJC; May 21, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
i don't know much about bumpmap but if you look at spiderman you will see that his white lines are bigger...higher than the cloth so if im not wrong that bumpmap should look somewhat inverted.
offtopic:sorry for the bad english drank a little.