Toribash
Original Post
How To Make A Good Tutorial
I am sad to say that I have noticed a decline in the art of tutorial making and have decided to take it upon myself to make a tutorial on how to make a tutorial.

1. Make a descriptive title.
I can't tell you how annoying it is to see titles like, "Best tut evar!!" or "Noob's jud0 tutoriel". I beg of you. Name it appropriately so we know what we're getting when we view it. And ffs, use proper spelling and grammar. Otherwise, SMACKDOWNS will be applied, since ManBreakfast stopped giving them a long time ago.

2. Posting the steps.
When posting the steps, make sure the information you are giving us is accurate. Make sure that everything is in order and organized. A sloppy tutorial rarely gets good reviews. Also, tell us what art programs you're using if it's an art tutorial (videos are art in my eyes by the way).

3. ????

4. Profit

5*. Have a good sense of humor.
Having a good sense of humor making reading the tutorial more enjoyable. Be sure to scatter some funniness and hilarity throughout it.

6. Pics or it didn't happen.
Just as in real life, people would like to see other people showing them what the heck they're supposed to be doing. Like so.

Have plenty of pictures, especially if it's an art tutorial.

7. Spell things right.
Use good spelling and proper grammar. I can help you by editing some of it, but I don't want to spell check an entire tutorial.

8*. Leave some way that people can contact you with questions.
Give them an email or request PMs if you answer that kind of stuff. That way, the same questions don't keep popping up in the same thread. Of course, try not to leave the need for questions.

Things marked with a "*" are optional.

Ok. This might not be that great, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully tutorials might not be crap anymore.

Btw, if I see any more moves on this board, they will be DELETED!

Any other questions or things I should add, PM me or email me at [email protected].
Last edited by Hamr; Jun 5, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fixed up a bit of the grammar.

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do
i know this is the wrong place to post, but how do i get the editing options tool bar bit with bold, center text, quote etc bit up? (like you have in your picture)
:D
Under the reply box, hit "Go Advanced". It'll be on that page.

the toolbar doesn't show up for me on firefox or on IE. Or on my laptop...

Edit:
Last edited by Blam; Sep 27, 2007 at 10:21 PM.
:D
User CP -> Post options -> WYSIWYG editor, or something like that.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by HebrewHamr View Post
8*. Leave some way that people can contact you with questions.
Give them an email or request PMs if you answer that kind of stuff. That way, the same questions don't keep popping up in the same thread.

imo this is the OPPOSITE of what people should do. All questions about the tutorial should be asked and answered publically so the author doesn't answer the same question multiple times.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.
9. Get Good Reviews
This is an awesome tutorial Hamr. No more crap 2 step walkthroughs. Kudos! You also made a few typos in step 3.

<ducky> The game.
<siku> ducky: i didnt know this was 2005 and 4chan
<siku> sorry, i hate the game and you should shut the fuck up about that retarded bullshit
<siku> you should link us to awesome and edgy motivational pics next or maybe pedobear
<siku> inb4 rep needs toriprime or vip lmao rofl that /b/ is grate
<siku> is this the part where you educate me on memes, further showcasing your amazing 4chan findings
<siku> word x is a meme lmao rofl
<+veb> someone make ducky smod
lol a tutorial on making tutorials?
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
We needed it. The quality of tutorials was going down. And it's a good laugh, I guess.