Toribash
Original Post
Tc lottery to reduce inflation
What if at the end of every month, or week, or every two weeks, we have a lottery, where everyone pays 1000tc for a chance to win an amount like 20,000tc or a cool item or something like that?

you would need only 20 people to participate to break the prize amount. So then after 20 people, every person is eliminating 1000tc from the tb economy. So if we do this a few times, the inflation will reduce.

Of course, the prize might have to bigger and maybe the ticket cost would have to be lower so more people will participate. But I guess we would just have to figure out the best ratio of people participating, to the prize and ticket price.

An item might work too, depends if people really want the item, you could even do a poll, to see what prize people would pay a certain amount of tc for a chance to win it.

(sorry if my English is bad)
Giselle is my name, and I suck dick for fame. I only like Pussy, so I don't fuck with dudes. But hey I'm a slut, so PM me for nudes.
the purpose of this idea is really nice, but if you make 20 people bet 1000 tc in the lottery of which the prize is 20k, its really just the same, same amount of tc exists and the thing that changes is the tc owner, HOWEVER, the purpose could be kept with this idea if the pricing and the prize is properly adjusted(example:15 person loterry with 10k prize and 1k lottery ticket), but still, this can cause the economy to drop if not properly controlled, also, implementing the lottery idea in the forums (or gm hosted lottery) could cause extra work for the sitedev and/or gms.

lol wtf im talking about im 14 and i got tons of holidays work
its also 4 in the morning ugh so sleepy
This has been suggested so many times.

What I was told when I recommended it last summer: There are already lotteries for fixing inflation.

There used to be the Easter and Christmas lotteries. Clearly they didn't feel like doing the Christmas one this year, but I'm sure the Easter lottery will be occurring next spring.

Summary: These already exist.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
I'm sure the TSAs and the market squad have a lot of things they could do to stabilize the economy, so if things like lotteries aren't occurring, we can assume that there's no need for them at the moment.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
This has been suggested so many times.

What I was told when I recommended it last summer: There are already lotteries for fixing inflation.

There used to be the Easter and Christmas lotteries. Clearly they didn't feel like doing the Christmas one this year, but I'm sure the Easter lottery will be occurring next spring.

Summary: These already exist.

We would have liked to do a Christmas one but due to lack of support tools it would have just taken more effort and time than people wanted to put in really. I posted about it in a thread in RT (I think it was) a week or so back if you want to hunt it down for more info. (I'm currently working on my own 3rd party scripts/tools to help out with this and make up for dev support so we can keep doing these things and make them easier though )
Yea so that was part of the reason and the other half, as firebolty got to below, is that we're not in a great need for big sinks. The economy and tc is tracking well at the moment so all the established ongoing sinks (clan stuff, broadcasts, etc) are working fine.

Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
I'm sure the TSAs and the market squad have a lot of things they could do to stabilize the economy, so if things like lotteries aren't occurring, we can assume that there's no need for them at the moment.

Spot on. Things are in an alright place at the moment and we have various avenues we could look into if we needed to sink.
Tori powerball
I'm not sure if this is already been thought of but its worth a shot. I think we should have a "powerball" we buy tickets let's say, 1k per ticket. And after purchasing a toribot sends us a ticket number which is usually several 2 digit numbers. A drawing will then be done there does not have to be a winner the first drawing or even the second. The tc would just rollover till the next drawing. Therefore making it an even bigger prize. And eventually the tc will build and build and then there will be 3 winners in the end. And when the tc is claimed. Start over. Just a little fun thing we could try. Please give feedback on this idea
We had a lottery at 2014. A Christmas Raffle, or in such cases, a lottery. Used only to sink tc.
Tyzo: Haunted Memes can't crush Obey's Dreams.
Yay: But RelaxAll can crush Obey's Balls.
Why would there be 3 winners at the end? That only happens if people have the same numbers
Tree
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Why would there be 3 winners at the end? That only happens if people have the same numbers

He means 3 numbers drawn. (or so im guessing)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...