Ranking
Original Post
PAYDAY 2
PAYDAY 2 is a game about 4 robbers. At the moment, the game is currently in beta but it's still lots of fun.

There are 2 types of missions so far - heists and just holding off cops until your mission objective is done. There's 6 different maps I think, 2 holding off and 4 heists. The heists can be pulled off completely stealthy, however this requires A LOT of co-ordination - the kind you wont see in a pug. I've only been able to do it once on arguably the easiest stealth map there is. When a heist goes wrong, you still have to steal the current objective, but at the same time hold off hordes of cops.

You are teamed with 3 other people in a game, think like left 4 dead just rather than zombies it's cops.

There are 4 different tech trees, each with it's own role - Mastermind (supportish), Enforcer (kills things), Technician (helps with things like drilling along with having sentries), and Ghost (stealthy).

One of the key customization factors in this game are the masks. You can purchase masks, some have to be unlocked. However, in order to customize the mask you have to unlock patterns, colors, and details in the post game screen. There are several rarities of parts too, I got solid black which is a rare color but got the servers got rolled back

Anyway, here's a bunch of screenshots detailing one of the maps where you have to hold off hordes of cops. Basically, you have to deliver a bunch of cocaine to a mexican drug lord.

A lot of sceenies (all the pics are 1440x900) and details abouta drug mission

Details about a heist mission

Last edited by 2worlds; Aug 3, 2013 at 01:28 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
This looks nice. I'll have to try it out.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Added details about another mission, this one is a heist one.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Already preordered it, can't wait for it to come out. Also, if anyone has a spare beta key I'd be willing to trade things for it.
The first one was good so I cant wait to play this one. Any interested in holding a party?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damn you 2worlds and your storytelling. You made me part with $50 that could have been spent on a children's card game.

Edit: got the beta installed, gonna see how the game is later today. I already noticed, after a bit of messing around in the safe house, that ads isn't super accurate, which irks me a little, but it's not like HURR DURR SHOOTING THE GROUND WHEN YOU'RE AIMING AT THE HEAD type of inaccuracy, so I guess I could get used to it.

Edit2: ohlawdy, I love the technician's turret. Got stuck in an apartment during a RATS mission, and like 15 swat guys and 5 heavy armored swat came at me in my lonesome. I had a turret setup at the only doorway. I watched 20 people get mowed down in under 10 seconds. It was a good day.
Last edited by Oracle; Aug 7, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Anybody have a spare beta key by any chance? Going to be pre-ordering Pay Day 2 tomorrow but can only get the normal edition so no beta for me. Would really like to try out the game to see if I can run it smoothly on this before I buy it.
Damn dude! Just started playing I got to tell you its legit Thanks for saying the game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Damn you 2worlds and your storytelling. You made me part with $50 that could have been spent on a children's card game.

Edit: got the beta installed, gonna see how the game is later today. I already noticed, after a bit of messing around in the safe house, that ads isn't super accurate, which irks me a little, but it's not like HURR DURR SHOOTING THE GROUND WHEN YOU'RE AIMING AT THE HEAD type of inaccuracy, so I guess I could get used to it.

Edit2: ohlawdy, I love the technician's turret. Got stuck in an apartment during a RATS mission, and like 15 swat guys and 5 heavy armored swat came at me in my lonesome. I had a turret setup at the only doorway. I watched 20 people get mowed down in under 10 seconds. It was a good day.

Just wait until you start stealthing missions. Jewelry store is by far the easiest to stealth and people do them regularly as PuGs. I was able to stealth nightclub once, bank and 4 stores are almost impossible to stealth though. Closest I've ever gotten to stealthing a bank heist was getting the access door open, killing the guard in there, then sitting up the drill without getting noticed but after that it's really hard to stealth it.

Nightclub is kind of easy to stealth if you get all the right conditions, though the fact you need certain classes become obvious here. If you can't bag bodies you're kinda fucked, and if the escape vehicle is on the other side of the map your chances at stealth are pretty much gone.

Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Anybody have a spare beta key by any chance? Going to be pre-ordering Pay Day 2 tomorrow but can only get the normal edition so no beta for me. Would really like to try out the game to see if I can run it smoothly on this before I buy it.

Unfortunately I already gave mine away.
-----
I'll post some more sceeny-story type deals later today as I attempt to stealth jewelry store/nightclub
Last edited by 2worlds; Aug 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Stealth jewelry is literally just:

> get 3 people
> make sure 1 has emp
> walk into store
> drop emp
> smash and grab
> run out
>
> profit

Not even 30 seconds and you get a payday card.

And ye, stealth nightclub might be the only one I have seen even remotely close to being done that wasn't ezmode. Nearly had a stealth bank, but an idiot switched weapons and fired a non-silence. Which pissed me off plenty, cause I had no silenced weapons equipped and beat like 2 guards to the dirt to make this happen.

And I would give you a beta key lume if I knew who the hell you were on steam <.< that being said, it's only like 3 or 4 days until release.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games