Toribash
Original Post
Lag with gaming headset.
Hey guys, recently I bought the gamecom 377 gaming headset (open ear). It's analog 3.5 mm cable and no need for usb. I plug it in and decide to go play mw2. I'm playing for a about 10 seconds and my fps drops to about 15. When I unplug them I rise up to about 60.

Specs:

Card: Radeon 3200 dedicated gfx.
Cpu: AMD athlon X2 2.1 ghz
RAM: 4 gig ddr2
Any other specs, please tell me to post them.

Any help would be nice.

also: When I plug them in while running mw2. My cpu only goes to about 60-70 percent cpu usage. Not enough to cause me lag spikes.
Bump, please help guys. I need to know if it's a problem with my computer or my headset
I suppose it's your headset.

Try checking if your computer meets compatibilities.

Also, if the headset made it go down, it's the headset. I suggest you find one that cna work, or not use one.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
Does this happen with any other headphones? If not, then try another headset. If it does....well, might need to update your audio driver, see if that helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Does this happen with any other headphones? If not, then try another headset. If it does....well, might need to update your audio driver, see if that helps.

Hmm, ill try.

Also: I heard its because my processor can't handle the headphones.

And no, it doesn't happen with all headphones.
Um, what? If you're plugging straight into the back of a card, there should be ~0 difference in performance. A headphone load vs another isnt going to have radically different impacts on your CPU.

1. Update soundcard drivers (also, post your souncard)
2. Try again
3. If that doesn't fix it, swap to software sound via the game menu
4. If that doesn't work, tamper with some recording settings inside the game
5. If that doesn't work, I'd be happy to conclude it is a major problem with the game; either a conflict with your hardware, or just plain bad coding.

Also, are you sure you are witnessing a slow-down, rather than a latency issue?