Toribash
Hanzo and vermine would probably make the best set, but even how good they are they will never be worth 1 mil, but something got to tempt them to start aswell. But 600k should be more than enough.
Originally Posted by hxcbbqimo View Post
The Question was brought up about what type of set I want:

- I want something incredibly unique, different from the rest (yes that sounded attention whore but idc). Like Odlov had the 3 faced head, UncleanSP (if you guys remember him) was a mime of epic proportions. Something nobody else has done and probably wont do for a bit of time. So they are going to have to "pitch" ideas before executing with upmost detail. And if they are willing to do the tedious work to make it incredibly nice looking for a cool mill then ill put it up.

Also, Mantrain hand draws his sets, so thats f'ing epic, and while I haven't seen hanz0's sets, I have heard that they are truly epic.

if you want something like that, i suggest vermine

he could probably even make it worth 1mil
This thread lacks mapleleaf etc.
lul
You're an idiot if you're spending one million on a texture set.
200k'll get you the exact same good quality.
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
This thread lacks mapleleaf etc.
lul
You're an idiot if you're spending one million on a texture set.
200k'll get you the exact same good quality.

Not necessarily.

No way a full hand-drawn detailed set costs as much as average-good tribals which take less than a day to make.
Well, actually, it's the tribals that are over-priced, not the hand drawn sets that are under-priced.

Ah, I miss the good old times, 25k for a perfect set, better than most things around nowadays.
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
Well, actually, it's the tribals that are over-priced, not the hand drawn sets that are under-priced.

Ah, I miss the good old times, 25k for a perfect set, better than most things around nowadays.

All depends on what kind of hand-drawn we're talking about.

Hand drawn by someone who can actually do it imo puts it well above tribals.

ManTrain's sets go for quite a penny, for example.
I don't sell mine but i know people would be willing to pay good money.
I'll restate a few things here.

1. It all depends on what style you want. Each artist has their forte and what they accel at best.
2. Be careful of artists doing work in 512x512. It may look amazing in the preview, but will be over 16 times lesser quality ingame.
3. 1 million is overkill. afaik, I have been the only texture maker to have completed a 1 million TC request, and even I think that the set I made was not 1M quality. There is no way to achieve 1M quality. Once you get past 300k, you're pretty much paying for publicity and attention. It won't buy you better quality, but it will draw in more interest.

People of interest to you in this endevor:

Avwave, Hanz0, Mrama, BenDover and the rest of the TTM.
Nightmare is not as good as BenDover.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
You could also ask around on IRC. All the bigwigs are in there.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]