people playing: 38, servers online: 14, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

  Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 3, 2018 Original Post  
duck
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,086



Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,


Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.






Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
NOT A TSA, NOT AN MS ADMIN

Clan Squad administrator and Market Squad member
Shoot me a PM if you have any question in regards to clans or the market!


Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 07:20 PM..
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #21
Surge
Event Squad Trial
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,927
Clan: Adventure



Originally Posted by duck
again, you will be able to see the exact stats on your own clan page very soon

What sort of data will be accessible? Will it show points per member or for the entire clan? Who can see this data? And how often will it be updated?

Last edited by Surge; Jul 3, 2018 at 07:05 PM..
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #22
-sir
Sample Text
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
What sort of data will be accessible? Will it show points per member or for the entire clan? Who can see this data? And how often will it be updated?

List of all clan members with number of games played within a selected time period, summarized ingame activity stats, number of posts in your clan board, number of wars played and XP earned. Updated live, accessible in clan edit page.
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #23
Surge
Event Squad Trial
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,927
Clan: Adventure



Thanks! Sounds very useful.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #24
ЯMrMiyagy
Astrophysicist
 
Black Hole Belt
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,332



Will definitely be useful for clan management in a clan to work on what they need to work on the most. Can't wait.
Psychology, the way to win Toribash games.

MrMiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2018   #25
Swepples
Fuck its Muck
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,664
Clan: Evolution



Originally Posted by sir View Post
List of all clan members with number of games played within a selected time period, summarized ingame activity stats, number of posts in your clan board, number of wars played and XP earned. Updated live, accessible in clan edit page.

This would be a nice addition for the curious.

When will I be able to start seeing the page?
Traps might not be gay, but TANG certainly is
Replay thread >:B | #fred4president
Swepples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2018   #26
Arctic
Professional Healslut
 
9th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,825



Originally Posted by pargu View Post
bye bye to all old clans

sounds a lot like youre blackmailing people to actually play the game cause its dead

my thots exactly

it's actually hilarious that the factor that gives most activity points is playing the game, even more than posting in the fucking clan's board. why do i need to play to keep my official clan board intact? shouldn't post activity matter more? i have no reason to play this game anymore: i don't like it at all, i can run games that are a lot more fun and i have other hobbies. not even when i'm extremely bored i consider playing this and i'm pretty sure this applies to a lot of people who played tb for more than 5 years (like most of my clanmates) and that are in official clans that are somewhat old.

i think a line between the game itself and the community has been drawn a long time ago and, no, you don't need to play to be involved with the community. shit, i didn't play when i was smod. the clans that i post in - hidden and tll - are not ingame active anymore, and they probably won't be anytime soon. these two clans are still sides of the community that i enjoy interacting with and everyone maintains their boards properly etc.

like fallu said, this is just a way to "convince" us to play the same old game for no reason other than to keep our clans alive. if you guys make me play 6 games of haxball instead of toribash, i'll definitely consider, though
ok so basically
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2018   #27
Creati0n
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,510



Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
my thots exactly

it's actually hilarious that the factor that gives most activity points is playing the game, even more than posting in the fucking clan's board. why do i need to play to keep my official clan board intact? shouldn't post activity matter more? i have no reason to play this game anymore: i don't like it at all, i can run games that are a lot more fun and i have other hobbies. not even when i'm extremely bored i consider playing this and i'm pretty sure this applies to a lot of people who played tb for more than 5 years (like most of my clanmates) and that are in official clans that are somewhat old.

i think a line between the game itself and the community has been drawn a long time ago and, no, you don't need to play to be involved with the community. shit, i didn't play when i was smod. the clans that i post in - hidden and tll - are not ingame active anymore, and they probably won't be anytime soon. these two clans are still sides of the community that i enjoy interacting with and everyone maintains their boards properly etc.

like fallu said, this is just a way to "convince" us to play the same old game for no reason other than to keep our clans alive. if you guys make me play 6 games of haxball instead of toribash, i'll definitely consider, though

if you can maintain full forum activity, only 34% of [TLL] has to play 6 games of Toribash a month to maintain a minimum of 50 points – no wars required, and XP not factored.

seriously, it isn’t as big of a detriment as you’re making it out to be. if a third of a clan’s members can’t take the time to play 6 matches (win or lose, public or private server) a month then they obviously don’t care if the clan dies or not.

it takes 30 minutes at most a month; it isn’t a huge chore, so stop making it out like it is one. organize a successful clan meetup in-game once or twice a month and [TLL]’s gonna be fine.

Last edited by Creati0n; Jul 6, 2018 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: aid -> if
Creati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2018   #28
Raven
Savage Member
 
Dont hit above the Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,117
Clan: Tank



Can people still join these clans?
"Sometimes it's the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2018   #29
Orko

THIGGIST

 
Smegma Encrusted Belt
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,982



reliance on in-game activity is pretty rough given that the game has so few players who actually play it anymore
seems like it kinda disregards the concept of art/replay/forum clans in an effort to hold people at clan point to play the game

if we lose a fair amount of the current official clans i doubt we'll ever see that many names on the official list again.
not that official clan count matters much, but i can't imagine there being more than 4-5 names on that list after a short-while of this system. there just isn't enough players who play toribash, or are willing to make toribash a chore to sustain such a high in-game requirement

it could be argued that they don't deserve a clan if they can't meet the requirements, which is fair, but i'm concerned it's just gonna add to the exodus

don't get me wrong, i love the system automation, but i hope you're ready to tweak some percentages if too many clans are having trouble passing. the clan list had a hard enough time recovering after the first swing of the butchers knife
replay thread

Last edited by Orko; Jul 6, 2018 at 02:46 PM..
Orko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2018   #30
<Mack
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,965
Clan: Evolution



What about active replaymakers? We play the game but not online. Honestly the main point i see in a clan is a community, having that community be restricted to online gameplay is a bit of a slap in the face to clans who have singleplayer users in them.
|Snopp|
|Replays|
"Macks replays are racist" -Larfen
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game