Toribash
fucking challenger elite noobs holding me back

I swear I deserve grand champion, elo hell really does exist
Hello guys! Boght this game at summer sale and I totally love it. The main problem is some troubles in controlling your car in-air. Also it's pretty hard to score/save for me coz i can not control my car at all. Watched some pro games and all i wanted to say is just: How the fuck they're doing that? Now i'm playing 1x1 ranked only. Matchmaking always gives me pretty strong opponents (veteran/master) while i'm semi-pro. But i think it's better to get some practice versus better opponents. Playing this game for 2 days and now i'm prospective 1, IV division. Do you have any tips for me? Should I continue play 1x1 or it's useless waste of time and I should play 3x3? How long it takes for you to get some skill in this game?
Ho-ho! Ha-ha!
use the shift key to control your car on a different axis if you're using keyboard

i've only played with keyboard and i can say confidently that i will never be able to use controller - it's too uncomfortable
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
only way you're going to get better is by playing a whole lot. i have 500 hours and i still suck, it just takes a lot of time to get used to the game and the mechanics. just keep playing and enjoying the game, it's really the only way you're going to improve.
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Do you use mouse and keyboard?^

Yes.
The only time i was using controller in my life is when i played fifa and juiced at my friend's playstation and i was like: what should i do with this joysticks? Give me my keyboard pls
Should i buy controller for this game? I'm really intrested in improving my skill at rocket league.
Ho-ho! Ha-ha!
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Yes.
The only time i was using controller in my life is when i played fifa and juiced at my friend's playstation and i was like: what should i do with this joysticks? Give me my keyboard pls
Should i buy controller for this game? I'm really intrested in improving my skill at rocket league.

From what I hear controller is better for rocket league. But I'm using controller, play this daily and I still suck. It's pretty hard cause you can't jump/twist and boost at the same time.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@snow
only get a controller if it's more comfortable than keyboard to you
i suggest using what feels best for you

the only difference is you can't control your boost as well on keyboard, but i've never found that to be a big problem since you can just tap accelerate
just get better with what you have
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Should I continue play 1x1 or it's useless waste of time and I should play 3x3?

From what I can tell, playing 1v1 is the single best way of improving your mechanical skill in this game. It teaches you to dribble, to shoot the ball properly, it teaches you good decision making (when to go for the ball and when not to) and, best of all, it teaches you to not fuck up. Its the gamemode that punishes any mistakes the most, and experiencing this over and over makes you improve so quickly that it hurts.

The only tip I can give to any Rocket League player that wants to improve: Play 1v1s.
sry 4 any grammar errors i suck