Ranking
Original Post
Server launcher
Important, please read:
Since the server binary itself is no longer shipped with toribash, due to the fact that servers are not available to the public (after 3.0 i think?), the need for an updated server-launcher is pretty much gone. It is also unlikely that toribash will ship with the server binary in the near future. And as you probably understand, the server launcher is useless alone, since it just sets a few flags, then starts up the server itself. So what does this mean? Simple: The server launcher has been discontinued. If toribash starts shipping with the server binary again, i will revive the project, but this is unlikely at the moment. However, the old versions of toribash included the server binary, so torilauncher can still be used for creating servers for 2.9 an older. The new launcher is still floating around, so you'll probably find someone who has it, if you search for it. If you for some reason is unable to find it, i will re-compile it for you. The info about the launcher from <2.9 is available below:

What?
I am currently working on a new application, similar to the old Torilauncher, only it is ment to be used for launching servers, with all the options the recent version of Toribash has brought.
Just stick it into the toribash-directory and run it. I think everything should be intuitive enhough, so i didn't bother adding any tooltips and such.

Why?
So that people can launch servers without going through the hassle of making shortcuts to the toribash_server.exe with the correct flags every time.

How?
It will look very similar to the old Torilauncher, and will contain default values for everything, as well as the ability to change pretty much everything as well. If you have ny suggestions, post them here.

Discontinued, read the first paragraph.

But...
Q: When new versions of Toribash are released with even more options, will you release a new serverlauncher?
A: No. read the first paragraph

Q: It has mod-support, right?
A: Yep.

Q: For which platforms?
A: Win32.

Q: Who the F is that in your avatar picture? O.o
A: That'd be Wembley from Fraggle Rock: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_rock

Q: What does the two versions mean?
A: The first one is the version of ToriLauncher. The second one is the version of toribash it was built for.

If you have any other questions, ask them here, and ill answer the best i can
Last edited by Jarmund; Jan 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
Originally Posted by jarmund View Post
What?
I am currently working on a new application, similar to the old Torilauncher, only it is ment to be used for launching servers, with all the options the recent version of Toribash has brought.

Why?
So that people can launch servers without going through the hassle of making shortcuts to the toribash_server.exe with the correct flags every time.

How?
It will look very similar to the old Torilauncher, and will contain default values for everything, as well as the ability to change pretty much everything as well. If you have ny suggestions, post them here.

When?
I've just started on it, so i am not sure exactly when it will be done, but a rough estimate would be beginning of next week.

But...
Q: When new versions of Toribash are released with even more options, will you release a new serverlauncher?
A: Yes

Q: Where can i download it?
A: It's far from done, so at the moment, you can't. Hopefully it will be included in the next version of Toribash, if not i will give you a download-link.

Q: Can i get some sort of preview?
A: I will post screenshots here in not too long.

If you have any other questions, ask them here, and ill answer the best i can

Can't wait until this is done! I can finally get my server working..... Will have mod support, right?
Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
Can't wait until this is done! I can finally get my server working..... Will have mod support, right?

yep, that's one of the features
Originally Posted by MahaTmA View Post
<3

Shortcuts tire me. Will this be for all platforms?

Win32 is first priority, after that, i'll see what i can do.
And yesterday I just cooked up a PHP script to generate those command lines, but have no where to host it.

Meh, having something that launches the server for you is a tad better, but w/e.
Bah! Jarmund, you make things for lazy people. Why, when I were a yung 'un, I'd write out the whole command myself, flags and all!

Saying that, it'll make making a server so much damn easier... Anything else you planning to make? How about a decentralized ToriTV to use on Private Servers? Or would that be too complex/Spoiling a secret?
Originally Posted by Qegola View Post
when I were a yung 'un, I'd write out the whole command myself, flags and all!

Hehe, same here, but todays users (atleast most of them) prefers GUI over CLI

How about a decentralized ToriTV to use on Private Servers?

At the moment i have no plans on doing so.

too complex/Spoiling a secret?

A little of both. For starters, the ToriTV is written for POSIX-compatible sockets, thus meaning it only runs on UNIX-systems (well, it might run on other systems as well, but i doubt it), meaning i'd then have to rewrite everything from scratch. Secondly, i don't know if the other devs would like if ToriTV was released, since it contains alot of the netcode of Toribash, and im not sure if they want the netcode to be semi-secret or not.
Yay, this will be awesome once it is done, too bad i still wont be able to host servers, damn router. D:

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
damn router. D:

Customize the routing-table and set your PC as the DMZ. Depending on manufacturer, it shouldn't be too hard.

Linksys <3