Ranking
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Agreed. We can't let those slags and darkies "siphon" away good American votes from the truly qualified white male candidates.

Not that arguing in favor of "the most qualified" in a post advocating Trump over Clinton isn't already hilarious, but wow, this is an impressively awful opinion!

Are you, even for a second, suggesting that it's impossible to be racist against white people? That's at least what you're implying.

What's wrong with wanting to make sure candidates are being voted for on the merits of their character, efficacy, and qualifications rather than the color of their skin or their sexual organs? Isn't that pretty much the paraphrasing of Dr. MLK Jr's most famous and overly quoted speech?

It is sexist to vote for Hillary Clinton on the "merit" of her gender. It's wrong to do so. Just like it's racist to vote for Barack Obama on the "merit" of his skin color.

I outlined many points for why I'll be voting for Trump over Hillary in this election, and you seemed to not only cherry pick the one point you felt you could comfortable take offense to, but did so while adding little to no substance to the discussion at all. If you want to argue Hillary's qualification for presidency over Trump, do it. There's certainly plenty of grounds to do so based off of her roles in government prior to this election that trumps (haha I made a funny) Donald's experience. But don't go full PC policy without even adding anything of merit to the thread.

I don't like Donald Trump. I think he's racist, sexist, a bigot, delusional, egotistical, and vastly under-qualified to run this country. All of that said, I'd rather have this racist, sexist, delusional, egotistical, vastly under-qualified alien looking man with the weird orange skin and ?hair? show the world what he can do when he runs this country then 8 more years of Obama Light Tm. In this one moment of sincerity: I'll say I'm terrified that either of these horrific choices are truly going to end up the leader of the free world. There isn't going to be a winner for this election, just a bigger loser. Her name's America.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jul 21, 2016 at 08:06 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Are you, even for a second, suggesting that it's impossible to be racist against white people? That's at least what you're implying.
What's wrong with wanting to make sure candidates are being voted for on the merits of their character, efficacy, and qualifications rather than the color of their skin or their sexual organs? Isn't that pretty much the paraphrasing of Dr. MLK Jr's most famous and overly quoted speech?

Dude. Dude. What are you TALKING about?

We were discussing the highly prevalent issue of Clinton's democracy-stealing vagina, not racism against white people or MLK or whatever.

And I mean, that's a really good point! I am so sick of this woman telling me to vote for her because of her womanhood. That's her message right? I haven't actually looked at her platform, but I'm pretty sure that's the central idea. And even if it isn't I'm going to plant my flag on this rhetorical hill because I really want to talk about how minorities are doing something wrong.

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
you seemed to not only cherry pick the one point you felt you could comfortable take offense to, but did so while adding little to no substance to the discussion at all.

The rest of your post serves as an equally strong argument against the very idea of democracy, but isn't as funny, so I've skipped over it.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
And I mean, that's a really good point! I am so sick of this woman telling me to vote for her because of her womanhood. That's her message right? I haven't actually looked at her platform, but I'm pretty sure that's the central idea. And even if it isn't I'm going to plant my flag on this rhetorical hill because I really want to talk about how minorities are doing something wrong.

Wow that is some thickly spread sarcasm. I'd say it's nearly too much sarcasm.

Do you disagree that some people will vote for her solely because she's a woman? Do you disagree that Clinton realises this, and she realises it makes sense to play the gender card to a degree?

Is it her central campaign narrative? No, and nobody suggested this. Does it factor in to some extent? Yeah, of course it does. Is this type of identity politics that we should be supporting or condemning? Well, we probably shouldn't support it, we should probably support more merit-based judgements.

That's all Bod was saying. I get your that actual beef with him is that he considers Trump more meritorious than Clinton. You should argue that point instead of this one.
Last edited by Ele; Jul 21, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Wow that is some thickly spread sarcasm. I'd say it's nearly too much sarcasm.

Do you disagree that some people will vote for her solely because she's a woman? Do you disagree that Clinton realises this, and she realises it makes sense to play the gender card to a degree?

Is it her central campaign narrative? No, and nobody suggested this. Does it factor in to some extent? Yeah, of course it does. Is this type of identity politics that we should be supporting or condemning? Well, we probably shouldn't support it, we should probably support more merit-based judgements.

That's all Bod was saying. I get your that actual beef with him is that he considers Trump more meritorious than Clinton. You should argue that point instead of this one.

no i'm really glad this is where we put the focus: on the dumb women voting with their ovaries because clinton told them to (men don't do that because they're not dumb xd). And even though she didn't tell them to, just by daring (uppity!) to acknowledge that she is not a sexless colorless amorphous blob of nominee-flesh she is similarly guilty of playing the dreaded "gender card," an enormously powerful political weapon that has helped women not win the presidency for hundreds of years.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
no i'm really glad this is where we put the focus: on the dumb women voting with their ovaries because clinton told them to (men don't do that because they're not dumb xd). And even though she didn't tell them to, just by daring (uppity!) to acknowledge that she is not a sexless colorless amorphous blob of nominee-flesh she is similarly guilty of playing the dreaded "gender card," an enormously powerful political weapon that has helped women not win the presidency for hundreds of years.

The fact that she's playing up her gender as a historic milestone is shameful in my opinion. Obama didn't win by answering "Well, I'm black!" when asked why he should be president.

Gender is not something you need to acknowledge, it is self evident. Would you say that Obama campaigned as a "sexless colorless amorphous blob of nominee-flesh"?

No one is saying that her being a woman will single handedly win her the presidency either, it will certainly help her with some votes, but her playing it up as a historic milestone is sad and shameful. "Well, I'm a woman! And I'd be the first woman president!" should be an acceptable answer to any question based on a candidates merits. I don't recall ever hearing Palin, Jill Stein, or Fiorina use their gender as a means to gain votes either, it's just plain disrespectful.

also sorry about the grammar and formatting on this one, it's rather late at night

lol ok, let's vote for the woman just to prove that a woman can win.

FYI I know you know but any "good American man worth his salt who isn't a DISGUSTING SEXIST PIG" will vote for Hillary just to prove that they aren't sexist. Like I said, worked for Obama, will work for Hillary.

First black president, first female president, first black female president, first hispanic president, first hispanic female president, first aro ace president-kin president. If you don't vote for them then you aren't enlightened and tolerant like me. No one can question my logic because if they do then they are a shitlord.

Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
If you can't trust her with responsibly emailing people stuff, how can you trust her with the role of commander in chief?

DISGUSTING SEXIST PIG / shitlord detected! I'm calling the internet leftist police, prepare for your ban!!!
#DNCLeaks.
How bad do you all think it really hurts Clinton with Bernie supporters?
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
#DNCLeaks.
How bad do you all think it really hurts Clinton with Bernie supporters?

I can't quite say for sure whether it'll significantly impact how Bernie supporters will vote come November.

I'm sure it'll push some of them away from Clinton because of her 'role' in all this, but where those voters go is yet to be seen, or what faction of Bernie supporters they'll come from. I can't imagine that there won't be polls conducted soon that will shed more light on the situation, but it's hard right now to really say much about who this will effect and how.

The one thing I can say for certain is that its bad for Clinton.

Although, it'll be interesting to see how the democratic party handles this. DWS has already issued a statement that she'll be resigning after the DNC, so I imagine that DWS will become the scapegoat of the entire thing and the media narrative will likely pass over Clinton, but it should be interesting to see if she or Bernie make any statements about it at the convention, and whether this will effect Bernie's support of Clinton.

EDIT: This is only round one of Hillary leaks, isn't it?
Last edited by pouffy; Jul 25, 2016 at 04:08 AM.
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
I can't quite say for sure whether it'll significantly impact how Bernie supporters will vote come November.

I'm sure it'll push some of them away from Clinton because of her 'role' in all this, but where those voters go is yet to be seen, or what faction of Bernie supporters they'll come from. I can't imagine that there won't be polls conducted soon that will shed more light on the situation, but it's hard right now to really say much about who this will effect and how.

The one thing I can say for certain is that its bad for Clinton.

Although, it'll be interesting to see how the democratic party handles this. DWS has already issued a statement that she'll be resigning after the DNC, so I imagine that DWS will become the scapegoat of the entire thing and the media narrative will likely pass over Clinton, but it should be interesting to see if she or Bernie make any statements about it at the convention, and whether this will effect Bernie's support of Clinton.

EDIT: This is only round one of Hillary leaks, isn't it?

Yes, and Wikileaks claims to have enough dirt on her to guarantee charges against her. I find that unlikely, but it certainly makes me interested.
I've heard them tales of people mysteriously disappearing under the Clinton family rule, but it remains to see if it's something to this effect Julian will reveal.
Would be quite the killer if he did, pun extremely intended for
please laugh

To actually make a post here though..
I think I've got quite a different view on Trump. After quite the research, listening to his audiobook (art of the deal) and a bunch of argumentative vids on him/other candidates
I find the guy to be a great marketeer/salesman, manipulative genius, at times both ice cold or charitable, but always extremely successful in his goals.
Seems to me like he's played a cunning game of manipulation while speaking facts wrapped up to sound offensive to misrepresent his importance as an opponent.

Lots of explanations have been written about Trumps hidden salesman tactics, adding one example of his ruthless manipulation of media below

a

I don't buy for a second that he's racist, malevolent, an idiot, or winning by dumb luck.
Meanwhile he's up vs the most corrupt candidate ever, but yay bought protesters, yay social justice, yay first woman pres, yay.. etc.
What's the biggest argument for not voting Trump?
PM me with any and all questions