people playing: 81, servers online: 27, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Money

Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010   #21
Odlov

God Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Chac View Post
Oh wow, hirsi ali is probably the worst person they could get to ask questions to about this subject. shes on par with Geert Wilders on muslim xenophobia & hate

I'm sure finding her name written on a note under a knife which was repeatedly stuck into her friend's chest didn't improve her outlook on muslims either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_va...irector)#Death

Last edited by Odlov; Apr 23, 2010 at 03:20 AM..
Old Apr 23, 2010   #22
Chac
i love to learn

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: NO

Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I'm sure finding her name written on a note under a knife which was repeatedly stuck into her friend's chest didn't improve her outlook on muslims either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_va...irector)#Death

The guy who stabbed her "friend" theo van gogh (his name was Mohammed B.) is a psychopath, he's been sentenced to life which is very rare in holland, making him a unique case. Right now you're acting like old ladies blaming murderous tendencies on videogames, it's not religion that drove him to it, it was just a little stepladder. you have to have a few screws loose in the first place
Old Apr 23, 2010   #23
T0ribush
Forumite

Master Belt
Clan: I am

Did these Muslims see Buddha do crack in front of little kids? Or how about Jesus continuously getting fucked up everytime time he meets them?
Old Apr 23, 2010   #24
Mapleleaf
relics of a dead game

Black Belt
Clan: re

pff, as if they couldn't see this coming. Remember that Danish cartoonist that almost got murdered a year (iirc) or so ago? (EDIT: oh he was mentioned in that last vid, which I didn't watch when I made this post :V)

I couldn't care less for these people (but they're still people, so no, I'm not saying they should be killed) to be honest, they mock everything and it's not really all that weird that someone goes 'fuck you, this is the last time you've messed with us'
Also, most people in this thread are doing a good job failing to look at something from another perspective. They're called extremists for a reason. And most of you aren't getting the point, it's not as much a problem of those people themselves being ashamed, in which case they could just turn off the tv like you people seem to think for the most part. The problem is, that these devs think they have the right to mock everything, and there's some people that don't like being mocked (as you can see).

also lol devs are challenging them.

Last edited by Mapleleaf; Apr 23, 2010 at 10:38 PM..
Old Apr 23, 2010   #25
Odlov

God Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
The problem is, that these devs think they have the right to mock everything, and there's some people that don't like being mocked (as you can see).

Well then, maybe those people should get the hell out of a country that values freedom of speech and expression, and move to an oppressive theocracy of their choice.

I myself was born in a country completely intolerant to criticism or mockery of it's institutions (USSR), so i would know.

The guy who stabbed her "friend" theo van gogh (his name was Mohammed B.) is a psychopath, he's been sentenced to life which is very rare in holland, making him a unique case. Right now you're acting like old ladies blaming murderous tendencies on videogames, it's not religion that drove him to it, it was just a little stepladder. you have to have a few screws loose in the first place

Fair enough, but let's be honest: he is far from being the only psychopath motivated by this "religious righteousness". From rioters against Danish cartoonists, to these guys - there are enough people responsible for making western image of Islam what it is.

Last edited by Odlov; Apr 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM..
Old Apr 23, 2010   #26
t3hlazy1

Black Belt

What I found really disturbing was in the interview.
One of the SP creators said, "We are not going to make jokes about Catholicism because they won't hurt us, and not make jokes about Islam because they will hurt us."

And Comedy Central and whoever are bleeping everything out and not letting them show Muhammed, so what does this say to other religions? Go threaten people and we won't be made fun of anymore. Just pathetic. And Muslim extremists can post that stuff on the internet, but SP can't post a freaking picture of Muhammed?
The extremists are winning. We are scared of them.
Old Apr 24, 2010   #27
SuicideDo

4th Dan Black Belt

the "extremists" have ALWAYS been winning, civilization was built OUT OF fear OF them. to protect us from the extremists. by fearing them and protecting ourselves from them, they win.

By bowing down to them, they win.

the only solution can be found by leveling with and tolerating each other, learning what our differences are, why they are, and accepting them, regardless of weather or not we agree with them.

stupid people rule the world. never forget it or think otherwise.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
The hell you doin' highlightin' my s*!t?!
Old Apr 24, 2010   #28
Oli
Forumite

5th Dan Black Belt

Oh wow, hirsi ali is probably the worst person they could get to ask questions to about this subject. shes on par with Geert Wilders on muslim xenophobia & hate

aaaaanywayyy, i watch a lot of southpark/family guy, and they make fun of everything

like, everything

wiccans, emos, gingers, christians, muslims, politicians, etc

I'm a muslim myself, just brush it off as a joke like everyone else should, southpark is deliberately politically incorrect

yep, pretty much this
the fact that these extremists take jokes this seriously could be danerous ,but i wouldn't be worried if i was the southpark guys
:(
Old Apr 24, 2010   #29
fat0ninja
ub3r

2nd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
While I'm against religion in general, a religion that commands it's followers to terrorize others is extra wrong.

I'm not sure that Islam commands it's followers to 'terrorize' others. It preaches many of the same things as Christianity, but it's the extremist leaders who are the ones that command people to blow things up etc.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Old Apr 24, 2010   #30
t3hlazy1

Black Belt

Well, I would be worried, if I was the SP guys.
But I wouldn't "bow down" to them.
I'd be like, "Sure, I am scared of you guys, but you aren't going to push me around." and include a Muhammed character in each episode.
Best of Wishes to the SP guys.
Closed Thread