ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash freezes frequently with a new graphics card
Toribash used to work fine on my computer but when I got a new video card, game started to get laggy and slow.

Game works fine about 1 minute, then it starts to freeze.
Freezing last about 4 seconds, after that game works fine for a couple of seconds until another freeze comes.

Whats wrong? Any ideas?
Last edited by Natural; Jun 9, 2008 at 04:58 PM.
Im firing mah´ lazer!
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
Toribash used to work fine on my computer but when I got a new video card, game started to get laggy and slow.

Freezing last about 4 seconds, after that game works fine for a couple of seconds until another freeze comes.

Whats wrong? Any ideas?

Are you sure you've got the latest drivers for your videocard? I used to have similar problems a while back when I gout a new card.
<+veb> dude___________________._____________________<hampa> the hosting center decided to raise the price
<+veb> I am to durnk to pu6t in the wriute commmand lol ___<hampa> and we only run irc on this machine which is a bit of a waste
<+veb> and u suxc u cant od it gfro me ______|______._____<Lapsus> How much power is behind the IRC server?
<+veb> ;oml?________________________________________<hampa> it is like delivering pizza using an airplane
Originally Posted by Natural View Post

Whats wrong? Any ideas?

Did you change anything in the computer except for the graphics card ?

Can you give the following details about your PC:
CPU and memory , old graphics card , new graphics card

And as mentioned above - it's recommended to download the latest drivers for your new graphics card.
Updating driver did not help anything
I´ll post my computer details soon in this thread, maybe that helps something.
Im firing mah´ lazer!
Ok, now this same shit is happening on 3 different computers!
Toribash works fine about 5 minutes, after that this freezing starts. If I uninstall Toribash and then install it again, I get 5 minutes playing time, until freezing starts and I have to uninstall the game again.
Im firing mah´ lazer!
Sounds like the autoupdater acting up... Try turning it off...
Also, please don't double post. If you need to add something, use the edit button.
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Originally Posted by Skazz View Post
Also, please don't double post. If you need to add something, use the edit button.

After 2 days, people wouldn't much notice an edit.
work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger more than ever hour after our work is never over
In such a case, copy, delete, repost.

Any luck yet?
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Originally Posted by Skazz View Post

Newbie question!
Where can I turn off autoupdater?
Im firing mah´ lazer!
Make a shortcut to the file, or use one that's already there. Open it's properties and add "-autoupdate 0" to the end, with a space before it, in the target field.

Should look like this:
"CProgram Files\Toribash-3.3\toribash.exe" -autoupdate 0

Note: May have other things there already such as "-width 1024 -height 600". Just pop that other piece in at the end and you should be set.

And there's that freakin' smiley again... Seriously.. That one just needs to die. It is a colon( slash(\).

... god damnit.. I really hate those smilies...
Last edited by Spaztic_One; Jun 13, 2008 at 09:41 PM.
Be careful...
...we're watching.
[Guru]