Toribash
Original Post
Help my freezing video please.
Hello, I'm trying to make my best replays into and even better video. I have Fraps, I have Vegas, I even have some turd called Blaze Media Pro. I know that with these programs I can do just about anything I would ever want to with video's, the problem I am having is that Fraps, when I record, freezez every, oh 2 seconds or so. From everything I know this because my ATI Express Suck Deluxe cant process it all quick enough. One option is to let the replays record anyways and go through and manually edit out every single freeze, I started to do that, but with a 5k replay, thats kind of a long process.

Anyways, anyone have ANY suggestions besides buying a new video card to help things run more smoothly?
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Wow, From the looks of this I don't even need Fraps... hhmmm....well, after doing all that and learning what movie.lua is, it still isn't working...I have given up on frapps, honestly if the script will work then I can abandon screen recorders in general and save the space.

Any help on this from anyone? Any fixes for the movie script in 3.3? I am having the same problem as everyone else on the now abandoned thread. The script begins fine and seems to run, but after the replay is over the game never freezes and no mpeg. is made. Please help, this would make my video making life so much easier!
Last edited by deady; Jun 14, 2008 at 05:21 AM.
The script hasn't been working for me at all.

Interesting note: Members who appeared to install ffmpeg pre-3.0 can get the script to work post-3.0. Members who installed ffmpeg post-3.0 can't get the script to work at all. It makes no sense.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Well, if you have nothing against boring and tedious tasks you can use this alternative method.

Get a "screenshot taker", like neoshooter (can be downloaded for free, just google it.) and set it up however you want it. Then take a screenshot of every frame in the replay and put the images into a videomaking program and convert it into a video. This is going to be a long, boring and tedious task if you have plenty of long replays though, so if you find out another faster method I suggest you use that instead. Also, you won't be able to get the sound recorded with this method, but if you're going to add music or other sound effects instead of the original TB sounds it'll hardly matter.

Also, when I've used this method I've noticed that some of the imagefiles sometimes gets corrupted. If that happens you'll have to take a screenshot of the same frame until you get an image that isn't corrupt.

It won't freeze though
hm. thanks chronos. Allthough I think editing my slow boring frapps thing may be quickeer. ah well, looks like its time to get back to cuting.