Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Test of unshovel aikido/sambo
I was fiddling with worldbuilder.lua and I figured I'd try to make an aikido/samboish mod where it's harder or impossible to shovel one's adversary.

Bear with me because it's my first draft still..

Please if you are willing, download this and try a couple matches vs uke and let me know what is wrong with it or what you like about it..

the rules in this mod are:

MATCHFRAMES 500
TURNFRAMES 10,10,10,20,20,20,30,30,50,50
FLAGS 11
DISMEMBERMENT ON
FRACTURE ON
DISCQUALIFICATION ON
DISMEMBER THRESHOLD 200
FRACTURE THRESHOLD 180
DOJOSIZE 500
ENGAGEDISTANCE 80
GRAVITY 0.00 0.00 -30.00
SUMO ON

..ok, so any and all feedback would be welcome.

Link will remain below...

Call this the 1.00alpha release..

Here also is the version with walls (aikidopadshard.tbm)
Attached Files
aikidopads.tbm (1.6 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Pikarus; Dec 28, 2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: release
ICOF Co-Founder/Leader. "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head." - Euripedes
ok, here's my update.. i stopped the boxes from leaping out of the ground but they still aren't perfectly size or quite lined up.... works ok though...

anyone with any ideas to make this better i welcome your thoughts..

also I have a question: How do I make the game settings save into my mod? every time i open it i have to apply my game rules..

EDIT:link removed SEE BELOW
Last edited by Pikarus; Dec 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM.
ICOF Co-Founder/Leader. "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head." - Euripedes
you just write:
gamerule
engagedistance xxx
engageheight xxx
etc.
xxx = numbers
]
by editing the tbm file exported by worldbuilder with notepad?

or can it be done through the worldbuilder.lua script while you are making the mod?
Ok finally.. now i'll remove the old link and update with current version below..

EDIT: placed mod in first post
Last edited by Pikarus; Dec 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM.
No problem for the help. You don't need to Thank me. I wish you good luck.
]
actually i was going to just leave you all out there on a limb thinking I was totally unappreciative of the awesome assistance you just gave me, but now you've done it...

DANVARI SAVED ME HOURS OF HEAD SCRATCHING AND FRUSTRATING REPEATED ENTRIES OF GAME RULES!!

*gives danvari a cookie*

:P
Originally Posted by Pikarus View Post
actually i was going to just leave you all out there on a limb thinking I was totally unappreciative of the awesome assistance you just gave me, but now you've done it...

DANVARI SAVED ME HOURS OF HEAD SCRATCHING AND FRUSTRATING REPEATED ENTRIES OF GAME RULES!!

*gives danvari a cookie*

:P

Thanks for that cookie xD. I wish you good luck on this mod and keep on making them :P.
Last edited by Danvari; Dec 26, 2008 at 11:52 PM.
]
I will.. but I'm going to perfect this mod first hopefully and then move on.

Have you tried it out yet?