Ranking
This whole build is completely overkill. You don't need any of these parts for what you will be doing.
I would disagree since I also did research. It's within the buget anyway. Do you have any better suggestions? If you wanna say it's overkill at least be specific ;) Keep in mind I will be Recording at 1080p, Streaming at 1080p30 & Gaming at max settings all at the same time and for hours and I will want to maintain 30FPS and then afterwards I'll be editing giant recordings that are hours long. Not being condescending just listing my uses. The Monitor will be 1920x1080p. I will cap the frames at 30FPS. I will own a capture card.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Someone explain why Gorman is an LMOD if he knows absolutely shit all about computers.

Recommending an x99 and 5820k to someone who wants to stream and play at 1080 30fps? What the fuck? Saying most games are single-threaded? What the fuck?

Everyone in this thread has posted retarded things except for Mongius, who seems to have at least a bit of a grasp of computers.
Cos the original thread he said he wanted to make the toppest of top tier computer and said that price isn't an issue mate.

I already linked it a week ago so why are you randomly bumping just to say this lol.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
When I originally PM'd you for help with this build I clearly stated this was not the beast build and that I wanted a practical computer in which price matters :3 Just sayin' That old thread is 100% unrelated to this build. So this whole time you thought we were building the beast? Or did you just think that this thread was for the beast? P.S. Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your help. And Kyure feel free to post your suggestions then
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
ImmortalPig knows he is misleading you to spend a shit ton of money for what you do not need at all. He needs to be removed as a mod on this board. I'll update this post with a build for you shortly.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
ImmortalPig knows he is misleading you to spend a shit ton of money for what you do not need at all. He needs to be removed as a mod on this board. I'll update this post with a build for you shortly.

lol chill mate his original build was litterally "whats the best that can be built" but this is a separate build so stop focusing on The Beast...

Also I heard that an anonymous person also said the same thing, and that this person doesn't understand threads, if you happen to find someone that believes that multiple cores are useless for games, remind them that for the last decade games have been multithreaded, and that having multiple cores will reduces the cpu load by offloading background processors to the extra cores, and also that since multi-core processors have been around things like branch prediction have been offloaded to multiple cores, so tl;dr load up Morrowind (or any old game) and notice that it has a bunch of threads running across multiple cores.

Of course, you and I both know that all programs effectively run across multiple cores even if they are single threaded, and that the idea that games (of all things!) are single-threaded is just hilarious - if someone seriously believes that technology that has existed for more than 3 decades still isn't being used, then all you can do is laugh right?

Also if you see someone who thinks "more clocks = more power"... well, just point them to reddit, they'll fit right in
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
lol chill mate his original build was litterally "whats the best that can be built" but this is a separate build so stop focusing on The Beast...

Also I heard that an anonymous person also said the same thing, and that this person doesn't understand threads, if you happen to find someone that believes that multiple cores are useless for games, remind them that for the last decade games have been multithreaded, and that having multiple cores will reduces the cpu load by offloading background processors to the extra cores, and also that since multi-core processors have been around things like branch prediction have been offloaded to multiple cores, so tl;dr load up Morrowind (or any old game) and notice that it has a bunch of threads running across multiple cores.

Of course, you and I both know that all programs effectively run across multiple cores even if they are single threaded, and that the idea that games (of all things!) are single-threaded is just hilarious - if someone seriously believes that technology that has existed for more than 3 decades still isn't being used, then all you can do is laugh right?

Also if you see someone who thinks "more clocks = more power"... well, just point them to reddit, they'll fit right in

I can't even...

Games are multi-threaded...

You are officially a dumbass.
The vast majority of games from the last decade are, and even games that aren't will make use of multiple cores thanks to things like branch prediction and offloading background processes.

Sorry buddy but this is a fact.

Examples of games that are multithreaded AND run across multiple cores:
- Everything using the Source engine (since 2006): CS:GO, DOTA2, TF2, etc.
- Everything using the Unreal engine (since UE3): Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands, Goat Simulator, etc.
- Everything using the Unity engine (since creation afaik): Hearthstone, Kerbel, Rust, etc.
- Almost every other game and game engine made since 2005: You name it, odds are it runs multithreaded and multicore.

Sorry mate but you are straight up ignorant and your knowledge of hardware and software is stuck in the year 2000... Maybe this level of knowledge required to give advice on reddit (lol) but around here it's preferable to at least have some knowledge of this decade.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
The vast majority of games from the last decade are, and even games that aren't will make use of multiple cores thanks to things like branch prediction and offloading background processes.

Sorry buddy but this is a fact.

Examples of games that are multithreaded AND run across multiple cores:
- Everything using the Source engine (since 2006): CS:GO, DOTA2, TF2, etc.
- Everything using the Unreal engine (since UE3): Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands, Goat Simulator, etc.
- Everything using the Unity engine (since creation afaik): Hearthstone, Kerbel, Rust, etc.
- Almost every other game and game engine made since 2005: You name it, odds are it runs multithreaded and multicore.

Sorry mate but you are straight up ignorant and your knowledge of hardware and software is stuck in the year 2000... Maybe this level of knowledge required to give advice on reddit (lol) but around here it's preferable to at least have some knowledge of this decade.

Hey have you ever noticed that in most games your CPU usage won't go above 25, or 50? Hm, I wonder why that is?

Oh right, because the games are single-threaded.