Ranking
Original Post
+Raped FPS
Okay well, first thing you should know is that I have a mac.

When I started my computer today, there was some strange thing that loaded. Don't know what it is. Then, it asked for my user password, even though it's the only user on the computer, so it never asks that. Then, I turned on a game I usually play. The screen started flashing from black to my desktop over and over again, and finally, it closed. Then, I open Toribash, and my usual 60ish fps has turned in to 3.

My hypothesis is that I accidentally deleted some vital folder yesterday accidentally when I was cleaning out my crap. Anyone know what it could be or how I could get it back if that is the case?

Please help, this could be serious.

Update: My sound is also broken. When I try to turn it on/up, it has a circle with a slash through it indicating that it's unable to produce sound. I also can't play internet flash games.
Last edited by Nathan; Feb 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Reinstall the OS.

You can do it without wiping your stuff if you don't format the drive, it'll just replace/repair the system files.

Boot with the install disk, start the install, select the partition (don't format it) and that'll sort it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Lol.

Restarted computer, problem fixed. This can be closed.

Thanks anyway SkulFuk, if it ever happens again, I know what to do.