Ranking
Original Post
Divinity: original sin

After stopping toribash, I have been exclusively playing Path of exile. But I am getting a bit bored of it, and lately I am looking more in to this game.

Haven't played it yet, but plan to give beta a chance during the weekend.
Its been in beta for some time now and should be released on 30. Jun.

Divinity: Original Sin is a turn based combat RPG (solo and co op play) that should feature an immersive and highly interactive wast world. The player will be able to interact with almost everything and combine items in unusual ways. Furthermore the developers say it will feature thus far unseen NPC dialog options.

The turn based combat might sound outdated to most players, but, as I understood it, the game should feature something of an advanced (think more, click less) turn based combat where using synergy between attacks/spells will be crucial for overcoming enemies.

Game has been funded over kickstarter, and raised over 1kk usd (impressive to me).

I will update the thread with impressions after I try the beta.

GAME PLAY VIDEO - latest beat patch I think:

Useful links:
site
wiki
kickstarter
steam - currently on sale
wishful eyes deceive me
So I've tried it a bit during the weekend. I can say I enjoyed it. Its a decent reminiscence to old school turn based RPGs. If you enjoyed any (Baldur's gate 1&2 Planescape Torment, Neverwinter nights 1, Icewind dale), this is a quite sold.

It revolves more around conversing with NPCs and exploring than combat.
The plot seems interesting from what I saw so far.
If playing solo u control both main chars (+any chars that u accept in party) but its much better if u play co-op with a friend.

What bothers me a lot is there is no voice acting - which was acceptable for old school games, but now? Developers say they are adding voice acting for major conversations for the release but it still means 90% of the conversations will be text only.

So far I have not seen the implementation of "unseen NPC dialog options", most I saw is when two two chars u control don't agree on something (u do it on purpose or perhaps u play co-op) a game of rock paper scissors decides how the conversion will develop (??!?). Its ok, but not something to advertise upon. Although I just scratched the game, so it still might prove me wrong,

The world is colorful and you can really interact with most things.
wishful eyes deceive me