Ranking
ohhhhhhhhh

Yeah now that you say it, i can totally see that. The middle line in the A is a bit far up, though. :v

also you're welcome noodle drawing is serious business you know

also lawyerfox

[lawyering intensifies]

<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Hehe I love your comics. They always make me smil c:
And i can`t figure out how many pics rhis gif has, because the dog isn`t moving peridically D:

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

Originally Posted by Shook View Post
also lawyerfox

[lawyering intensifies]

i just saw an animal
is this a step towards publicly announcing yourself a furry
i want to commission coldsteel the hedgehogXshrek art~

Originally Posted by Ukephile View Post
And i can`t figure out how many pics rhis gif has, because the dog isn`t moving peridically D:

i am bad at visual but i think it looks like 3 frames to me.
oh yeah
Yep, 3 frames, and at around 30 FPS (the delay is specifically 30 ms which would explain why there's an occasional double-frame). I specifically pick 3 frames over 2 because it's much harder to pick out the individual frames. :v

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
i just saw an animal
is this a step towards publicly announcing yourself a furry
i want to commission coldsteel the hedgehogXshrek art~

>.>

<.<

Gnoll Horse Archer is probably more incriminating in that regard. :v
Basically, while i wouldn't claim to be devoid of furriness at all, my view of it is very Disney-esque, i.e. i (like to) see them as cartoon characters. I'm not much for the rampant Mary Sue snowflake tendencies though, nor do i concern myself with things like exact species or gratuitous self-insertion. I mean fuck, i don't even have a fursona, how am i supposed to be a furry without one of those? :U (that besides, my imagination is too lively to settle down on one creature to represent myself so blub)

Originally Posted by Ukephile View Post
Hehe I love your comics. They always make me smil c:

Hee, thanks, i'm glad to hear that! c:
Shook has a shapeshifter fursona. So he isnt forced to settle for one creature but can attend furry cons.

On a side note: Thanks for this sanctuary shook!
This is probably the most cheerful place on the forum :^)
Never fails to amuse me atleast.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Well hey, thank you guys for letting me have it like this! It could have turned into a peerless shitfest within the first two pages (after which i'd close it without second thought), but nay, it has kept going for over 1000 posts and the amount of times i've had to put on my stern hat can still be counted on my hands, and there's only one banned user. So, give yourselves a pat on the back, because this is why we CAN have nice things. c:

Originally Posted by Reta View Post
Shook has a shapeshifter fursona. So he isnt forced to settle for one creature but can attend furry cons.

hell naw

I get nervous just thinking about that. I don't even want to go to game cons (i hate being in huge crowds), so you're unlikely to ever find me NEAR a furry con. I mean, in game cons i'd at least be on home territory since i'm an avid gamer, but i'm really not invested enough in the furry fandom to even consider going to a con. :U

Really though, i think that whole "constantly roleplay as your character whenever possible" deal is weird as hell, and that's coming from me. I mean, i'm not going to tell them to stop if they really enjoy it, but to me it's like, why wouldn't you be yourself? Fictional characters can be nice and all, but i've found real people to ultimately be much more interesting; they don't just have one or two gimmicks (or dicks) that define them, each and every one of them has a life and personality as complex as your own. Fictional characters can be considered relatively deep if they have two distinct sides to them, but real people have oh so many more. Using myself as an example, i can be goofy and fun-loving, quiet and introspective, hellishly determined, outspoken and angry, paralyzed by anxiety, and hell, even sad and vulnerable. That's only a partial list, and every single person out there has a list like that, so i'm not special by any means. Our brains really want to simplify other people, and that's probably a good thing; they're plenty occupied just trying to handle one life. :v

And hey, that turned out to be a pretty big chunk of text. That's what i get for staying up late in order to hydrate properly. Hail hydrate i guess. :U

Edit: Also disclaimer, i totally understand that roleplaying can be a lot of fun (after all, i do tabletop), i just don't see why people would flat out replace themselves. I mean sure, we all have quirks that we'd rather be without, but i don't think that any of the characters i've made would be able to take my place in this world, even disregarding physical limitations.
Last edited by Shook; Jun 7, 2016 at 01:45 AM.
Oiiiiiiiii

I tried again and took some of your advice with shading and lighting. Does this look better?

LA FOTOGRAPHÍA GRANDE

He's scared of his shadow

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
Well hey, thank you guys for letting me have it like this! It could have turned into a peerless shitfest within the first two pages (after which i'd close it without second thought), but nay, it has kept going for over 1000 posts and the amount of times i've had to put on my stern hat can still be counted on my hands, and there's only one banned user. So, give yourselves a pat on the back, because this is why we CAN have nice things. c:

hell naw

I get nervous just thinking about that. I don't even want to go to game cons (i hate being in huge crowds), so you're unlikely to ever find me NEAR a furry con. I mean, in game cons i'd at least be on home territory since i'm an avid gamer, but i'm really not invested enough in the furry fandom to even consider going to a con. :U

Really though, i think that whole "constantly roleplay as your character whenever possible" deal is weird as hell, and that's coming from me. I mean, i'm not going to tell them to stop if they really enjoy it, but to me it's like, why wouldn't you be yourself? Fictional characters can be nice and all, but i've found real people to ultimately be much more interesting; they don't just have one or two gimmicks (or dicks) that define them, each and every one of them has a life and personality as complex as your own. Fictional characters can be considered relatively deep if they have two distinct sides to them, but real people have oh so many more. Using myself as an example, i can be goofy and fun-loving, quiet and introspective, hellishly determined, outspoken and angry, paralyzed by anxiety, and hell, even sad and vulnerable. That's only a partial list, and every single person out there has a list like that, so i'm not special by any means. Our brains really want to simplify other people, and that's probably a good thing; they're plenty occupied just trying to handle one life. :v

And hey, that turned out to be a pretty big chunk of text. That's what i get for staying up late in order to hydrate properly. Hail hydrate i guess. :U

Edit: Also disclaimer, i totally understand that roleplaying can be a lot of fun (after all, i do tabletop), i just don't see why people would flat out replace themselves. I mean sure, we all have quirks that we'd rather be without, but i don't think that any of the characters i've made would be able to take my place in this world, even disregarding physical limitations.

hail hydrate

also, damn, i want to tabletop again

i need to learn how to play or host pathfinder

Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Oiiiiiiiii

I tried again and took some of your advice with shading and lighting. Does this look better?

LA FOTOGRAPHÍA GRANDE

shading on this is really well done
Last edited by Marrez; Jun 7, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
beware
the goblin
Oiiiiiiiii

LA FOTOGRAPH&Iacute;A GRANDE

I wish the edges weren't so blurred >.< would look really realistic if it was
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Marrez View Post
hail hydrate

also, damn, i want to tabletop again

i need to learn how to play or host pathfinder

I'm playing with the Cypher system, in a low-fantasy renaissance setting. It's actually pretty damn neat, i had reservations about going to a different system after getting used to Shadowrun, but this is oh so much simpler (at least after having done the paperwork), and lends itself better to a more "cinematic" gameplay style. Of course, our group and GM being as good as they are definitely helps. :v (... and we play in english because our GM is irish and not quite fluent in danish yet, so that's good practice for me)

Oiiiiiiiii

LA FOTOGRAPHÍA GRANDE

yoooooooooooooooooooo

i really should be sleeping now but my headache is fading

SO ANYWAYS, GOOD PROGRESS! Still a bit too blurry around the edges (again, using a harder brush would remedy this), but the shading and contrast is better. The SPOOPY SHADOW that pearbro is casting would probably be a lot sharper at that proximity, though. :v (basically, the closer you get to the surface, the sharper the shadow will be)
Believe it or not though, you could go much more ham with the contrast if you wanted to. Were i to be tasked with quickly painting a pear, it'd look something like this:

thunderstealingwoo

Basically a hard brush, some "i am pretending to be totally confident about what i'm doing"-flailing and a shit ton of contrast, both in saturation and luminosity (and a bit of hue too, but that's more subtle). Were i to refine it further, THAT'S when i'd go for a softer (i.e. more blurred) brush, because i somehow always make things look like clay with a hard brush. :U