Toribash
Original Post
Processor usage
I have a few questions in regards to Toribash's CPU usage.

First; I have a dual threading processor, it will use a maximum of 50% of my CPU, ie, one thread. Why is this? Why doesn't it just use all available processing power?

Second; Does Toribash use a card bound GPU? (Meaning if I had a good / better graphics card, would that boost performance? My brother has one, and it doesn't seem to be much better at all. he has 200 mhz more than I do in his main processor.)

Actually, I forgot my other questions, or I never had them...

Any help out there?
Be careful...
...we're watching.
[Guru]
Toribash is not a cpu intensive game, I dont see any problems there. I installed it on the crappy old computers at school and it only ran 30% slower.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Toribash is not a cpu intensive game, I dont see any problems there. I installed it on the crappy old computers at school and it only ran 30% slower.

...wtf.

Toribash is a cpu intensive game. It's not a GPU intensive game.

The physics and collisions are enough to bring a 2400 mhz computer to its knees.

Also, it isn't MADE to use all the available power (in this case threads) because hampa didn't include that in the programming. It's like POV-Ray which only uses one core.

And the GPU would be only a small improvement. RAM and CPU is the better thing to do.
Especially CPU.
Additional RAM won't be helpful.

My trick to check if an application requires more ram or processing power, is to check if it loads from the hard-drive very often.
If it does - it means that more RAM will increase performance.

Like SSJokker said, a stronger GPU won't increase game speed - the graphics is quite simple.
But for version 3... it might ;-)