Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 3.84 Beta 5
Toribash 3.84 Beta 5

http://www.toribash.com/tb_b5.exe - Windows

* Physics caching
Ghost and replays in multiplayer are played back from a buffer instead of calculated using physics. This is much faster.

* Chat cache /opt chatcache 0|1|2 (0=off, 1=ATI, 2=Software)

* Camera options
1 - Default Cam
2 - Free Cam (press shift+2 to enable Free Orbit Cam, press shift+2 again to toggle targeting sphere)
3 - Uke Cam
4 - Tori Cam

* Camera keyframes are saved in replays
k - start keyframing
Shift+k - clear keyframes

* Camera has a bit of decay on the movements.
* Fixed position of bounty messages
* Autoupdate shouldn't crash the client. This was a big problem on the OSX version and more seldom on Windows.

* Tutorial Changes
- 'Toribash Tutorial' now covers mousewheel and hands (does not cover 'L' button)
- In 'Challenge Uke', Uke will pull off his moves even if the player reconfigures Uke's joints
- New moves for 'Advanced Tutorial' and 'Challenge Uke' are still open to suggestion

* Mouse reverted back to 3.83 style

Don't post bugs if they are mentioned here in the main post!!

Known bugs:
- Speedometer/Altimeter don't work in multiplayer
- ToriShop Uke ghost problem
- Aikido Mod not reset when doing Fight Uke -> Torishop -> New Game
- Bumpmaps doesn't load textures in shader mode
- Changing game resolution causes game to shut down
- No auto-resolution for Full screen
- Shaders running slower than before
- 4000+ frames replays don't save
- Incomplete saving of replays that are not edited - [FIXED]
- Russian characters show up as "?" - [FIXED]
- Ghost doesn't refresh with scripts that update joints

- White quad that blocks out the screen (should be fixed, but if found, include in your report the chat cache used and how the quad appeared)
- If you are getting the white quad often, either /opt chatcache 2 (shouldn't create the quad anymore) or press tab to clear the quad

Fixed bugs from beta 4:
- No grabby hands in replays [FIXED]
- No grip sphere in replays [FIXED]
- No fractures in replays [FIXED]
- Next/Prev replay and auto replay doesn't loop properly [FIXED]
- Ghost fades to white against dojo/background textures [FIXED]
- Fractured Knee + Hold All bug [FIXED]
- Cached chat does not refresh when switching between cache modes [FIXED]
- Multiple tb.exe running if you close and open a couple of times [FIXED]
- Tutorial joint indicators block ghost [FIXED]
- Tutorial joint indicators at wrong position [FIXED]
- Tutorial custom joints recolored [FIXED]
- Tutorial 'L' button not disabled [FIXED]
- /opt autoupdate 0 works [FIXED]
Last edited by hampa; Jan 18, 2010 at 08:33 PM.
Originally Posted by BmxR View Post
any linux port?!
thank's devs...

yeah... on the release. not the betas.
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
That's the mod MOBI, you have to scroll on the wheels.

But it didnt do that in beta four, and in this beta in that mod there arn't any ankles period. Their just not there
Originally Posted by Uke0700 View Post
- PLEASE, for the love of god, fix the shaders so they work with Intel chips. There is no excuse for an Intel Pentium dualcore to not be able to run shaders. D:<

Yes, there is.
You either don't have the right drivers (try the newest drivers first), or then your GFX card doesn't support OpenGL enough so that it lets you enable shaders.
then why does my cousin's laptop runs shaders even if its just plain windowx XP and not a mac :|

while we have the same
Intel 950 and above

but i dont know why hes shaders works and mine doesn't :|
Originally Posted by Jan_miguel View Post
then why does my cousin's laptop runs shaders even if its just plain windowx XP and not a mac :|

while we have the same
Intel 950 and above

Try beta 3 for mac. Shaders never worked for me but with beta 3 they do.
Originally Posted by Jan_miguel View Post

while we have the same
Intel 950 and above

What does stderr.txt say?
It's driver dependant. Intel 950's don't have hardware vertex support, but some drivers provide software emulation.

Last I checked there was 1 driver for Vista that claimed to have working shader emulation, but even then it's not guaranteed. You can thank OEM manufacturers for that.

*EDIT*

Seems people are still confused about the whole shader hardware thing. I'll re-write & update the FAQ to clear things up when I've got 5 mins.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
1. I have a script that I use to change my joints in multiplayer. The joint state changes but the ghost is not updated.

2. When I write too many characters in the chat box I get some weird text next to them. I also made the jousting server crash twice with it. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...16#post2225916 This glitch was in the earlier versions too.

3. My friend has another glitch (doesn't happen to me). When he switches the active window and then switches back to toribash the screen glitches. The image that was there when the window was not active shows over the real game. With shaders about 10% of the real game can be seen almost like alpha blended. Without shaders the real game can't be seen at all from under the 2d "screen shot" that is left there when the window is not active. Entering the menu clears these fake images.

The characters on the back are the real game. The ones on the front were burnt to the screen when the window was not active.

I like a lot the updates you made.
If you need to contact me do it here.
Originally Posted by Zas32x View Post
3. My friend has another glitch (doesn't happen to me). When he switches the active window and then switches back to toribash the screen glitches.

That can be fixed by unticking the 'Disable Graphics Reloading' option. It means if you switch active windows the game will go blank for a second or two, but it will redraw everything correctly without glitches.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you