Ranking
View Poll Results: Are mas and xspar.tbm the same thing?
Yes
1 Votes / 4.35%
No
22 Votes / 95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Are mas and xspar.tbm the same thing?
I've had this conversation multiple of times and it has always been unnecessarily long. Let's settle it.
Please post arguments below.
Mas is more realism fighting training.

Xspar can be realistic but it's nothing like mas in my opinion. The gravity and overall feel is different.

So in my opinion no they aren't.
Welp, i've never sparred but as far as i know, those aren't the same.

MAS sparring is based on the martial arts (Martial Arts Spar = MAS), so it needs more effort/training because this Spar variation is oriented to the realism (you can't do those exagerated flips, jumps, etc).

Xspar.tbm is the simple version, where you can do everything

Sorry if i'm wrong and sorry for my bad english
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
Mas is more realism fighting training.

actually, people call mas ''twitchfu'' because its not realistic
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
MAS should be people using multiple martial arts to fight, can be flashy too (but people don't know many martial arts), but isn't/shouldn't be coordinated between the two parties, also, there are very few people who can play this correctly.

And there's spar, is a fight choreagraphy that can contain tricks and fantasy movements to make a replay, not always inside realism, but varies from person to person.

Basically the main difference is in what they focus, spar is for replays and mas is to use martial arts effectively.
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
actually, people call mas ''twitchfu'' because its not realistic

I meant as in what the guy above said lol, can't do exaggerated backflips n shit lol
The easy and quick anwser to this,

MAS is MAS, you use different martial arts to do the most realistic spar of your abilities.

Sparring in general, that isn't MAS based, is just do whatever fights really. Spin kicks, using mods to swing kick of stuff. Whatever really.

That's where the difference is, MAS is set on one type of fighting, and that is to do realistic movesets, and spar is still set to be realistic, but not strangle you to only use moves a real human could do.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Isn't mas competitive?

no its not.

basicly you can do mas in xspar if you set tf to 5 and do the mas style.
you can play mas in xspar but you can't do normal spar in a mod that is specially made for mas so i guess the answer is:
xspar can become mas but mas can't become xspar.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
The easy and quick anwser to this,

MAS is MAS, you use different martial arts to do the most realistic spar of your abilities.

Sparring in general, that isn't MAS based, is just do whatever fights really. Spin kicks, using mods to swing kick of stuff. Whatever really.

That's where the difference is, MAS is set on one type of fighting, and that is to do realistic movesets, and spar is still set to be realistic, but not strangle you to only use moves a real human could do.

basically this

imo

this is what youre going to see though when asking

UNBIASED
mas => based off of real life martial arts fighting
xspar => based off of real life fighting with a replaymaker's own spice put into it.

BIASED

mas => make an edgy stance that you found off of google images when typing "martial arts stance" and hold it for 1,000 frames. you wait for the other person to become impatient and then twitch a lot for the most effect. also JAB!!!

xspar => spin a lot and purposely miss your kicks and punches like you have stormtrooper syndrome. make sure you do the same fucking movement everytime when sparring. CONTRACT EVERYTHING THEN EXTEND EVERYTHING!! also CORK!!!

MY OPINION

i dont hold anything against mas. in fact binklawz was the first person I sparred before he began the mas trend. i personally even did mas for a bit, just with him though. i feel as though the people going into mas are missing fundamentals, though. binklawz imo has already figured out things like follow through, weight, and overall impact in mas.

when it comes to realism, people forget an IMPORTANT aspect to it when making replays. Everyone has the replication of human movement down, however it's the believability that many are lacking. this could even relate to the principles of animation.

people who spar in general forget: 10 frames are NOT a lot at all. in fact, if youre running at 60fps, it doesnt take a mathematical genius to figure out that its 1/6 of a second. how something looks in those 10 frames wont really matter as long as your overall movement is beliavable.
Last edited by Tsuion; Jan 12, 2018 at 05:11 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo