Toribash
Original Post
Most urgent features, IMHO
I think that popularity is key to Toribash's success and that the issues that will hinder popularity growth are:

1. place the new server list in the 1.97 installer and reissue it as 1.98. i doubt new users are updating their server lists manually and new users are getting turned away from packed servers.

2. rename "single player" to "practice" or some such and "multiplayer" to "Play". People that I know that have tried it jump into Singleplayer, get bored and quit, never bothering with multiplayer. The fun is in multiplayer.

3. Windows server; LAN play. Unless you can keep up with demand, people are going to want to start their own matches with friends and what not and not have access or know how to set up a linux machine.

Great game! Goodluck with it.
Re: Most urgent features, IMHO
1. i think hampa does this with every release
2. urgent feature? , personally i like single player better than multi, all about the tweaking!
3. dont know when/if this is coming.
Good features. Not "very" urgent, but nice additions.
@m0o: dude fuck
@m0o: fail guys like chac and blam make me want to suicide
@m0o: theyre probably the most annoyingly boring people I have ever met in my life
@m0o: and I know a girl with a monobrow who speaks in monotone
I have some ideas to solve the servers problem, I need to discuss it with Hampa though since it is his game (and I don't know all the details)!

I think making it more obvious that multiplayer exists is more important than renaming it. Access through an escape menu is not the most obvious, but I can't see another way personally. Also, I love single player, and play it MUCH more than mutliplayer.

I run LAN parties all the time, and the one thing I always have is a linux server! It just performs that much better than I have ever seen a windows server manage. (not just Toribash, for everything!) All you need to set up a linux machine is something like Ubuntu, which can even run straight from the CD. Anyway, how to set up a linux machine is off-topic.
I has a flavour
You could always make a new topic... ;) I'll sticky it :P
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Is there any server format that would run off of a windows 98 machine? :P I know nothing about formatting stuff.
I dislike the new server list. All the classic servers are 10-frame turns, which I can't stand. That's why I'm still using the original server list.
These are delicious links. You must click them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48vuoO2PQY.................http://www.myspace.com/drsteel
But you can! All you need is access to a linux box, either through ssh or physical access.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.