Toribash
Original Post
Technical Riddles

Hello there! This little event is made to test your knowledge of technical side of toribash and PC in general, and maybe to make you learn something new in the process.

Each week we are going to post a new technical riddle for you to solve. It can be anything as long as it's related to the game and/or forum. Your goal is tposolve the mystery, sometimes explain why this certain thing doesn't work or works differently than expected. For doing that you will get a small prize depending on how hard the riddle was. You're allowed to ask questions and get answers, but answers will come from a point of person who doesn't know what the problem is. If the riddle doesnt get solved within a week, it goes into unrevealed riddle archive. You can still solve those later for a slightly lower prize.

[SOLVED by Kyle]

[SOLVED by Aiden]

[SOLVED by lethargicKid]

[UNSOLVED]

[SOLVED by Jack]

[SOLVED by Kore]

[SOLVED by Icky]

[UNSOLVED]

Rip

The line is dead.

Art by Tomiiiwhaw
Last edited by AssassinPro; Mar 17, 2017 at 01:10 AM.
golf
New riddle!
This problem happened with my clanmate and a friend fudgiebalz. He's a pretty good replaymaker and an ORMO member.
For some reason he can't use the in-game torishop. It only shows gladiator, orc and chronos and nothing else for colors.
The first person to solve this riddle will get Supernova Force and 2 Shiai Tokens. Let's go!
golf
He's logged in and can play multiplayer fine
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
delete and reinstall toribash

You need to explain why it doesn't work
golf
is he on 4.91? there is a torishop bug in 4.91 and was fixed in 4.92, if he updates to 4.91 it should work fine

(i suck at riddles)
you're on thin ice, pal
Question, is it a Steam issue?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
He needs to delete and reinstall Toribash because his torishop.txt file is missing crucial data needed to show other colors in the torishop.

Or:

Open torishop.cfg

change

#Automatically generated from Setup. Don't edit
newshopitem "0"

To

#Automatically generated from Setup. Don't edit
newshopitem "1"

That should update any missing items from the toribash.txt file
If he is using standalone and has steam, he can go to steam library go to steam apps, then common. Go in toribash/data/script copy the torishop file from there, then put it into the toribash/data/script.
He should download most recent standalone version,then go to where the torishop file is located (toribash/data/script),copy it and replace the one of the steam version With it.
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"