Ranking
Original Post
IRC server upgrades April 4th
Ola chicos,

We are updating the IRC server to a new machine.

It will take a while before the new IP is updated in the DNS.
hi are all channel settings like them being registered, our founder access, custom hostmasks, autoop lists etc going to be back or do we have to register them and configure once again?
Will the max amount of channels one can join be increased again after the services get back on?
Yes slau, it will all be like before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Originally Posted by Thrandir View Post
hi are all channel settings like them being registered, our founder access, custom hostmasks, autoop lists etc going to be back or do we have to register them and configure once again?

You'll have a hard job doing either since there's a lack of services for it currently

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
You'll have a hard job doing either since there's a lack of services for it currently

As of now I'm well aware (though when I was writing that post I weren't yet) but I assume they are going to be back at some point, therefore the question still stands - when the services are back, will our settings be there or is the "new IRC" going to be a fresh start? It doesn't really matter that hard, just wondering.
Last edited by Thrandir; Apr 7, 2017 at 01:14 PM.
Originally Posted by Thrandir View Post
As of now I'm well aware (though when I was writing that post I weren't yet) but I assume they are going to be back at some point, therefore the question still stands - when the services are back, will our settings be there or is the "new IRC" going to be a fresh start? It doesn't really matter that hard, just wondering.

Services are back, however the old database was unavailable. You'll have to re-register everything.

However, the new version of services does have a few neat features. You no longer need to do weird founder password stuff give multiple people +q access to the channel (QOP list is a thing now), and you can also (if you want) add unregistered people to channels.

Also automatic authentication via SSL certificates, if you're willing to put in that kind of effort.

Edit:
Also fixed an issue with connection limits preventing IRCcloud from being useful.
Last edited by suomynona; Apr 13, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
IRC services as linked through website seems broken since the move. Any eta of a fix?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!