Ranking
Original Post
aikido guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDoj...qtBGkh2yTuaQA_

if you have any feedback on these videos or questions on techniques demonstrated - feel free to ask here.

Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
if you have any feedback on these videos or questions on techniques demonstrated - feel free to ask here.

Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
For long I have wondered. Where's 5/5?

it exists, just needs to be assembled

i'm not sure about it to be honest as it's mostly talk about some very debatable aspects as overrotation, so it will likely to be replaced with something similar, considering the reception of these 4 parts. if it will prove to have any effect on community, i would not mind to include something very conceptual aswell, but seeing as 5-9 dans or even master belts go straight arms up suplex leave me in agonizing despair.

i really, really don't want it to be 10 minutes speaking bullshit. i mean i wanted it to be somewhat similar, but the idea that it will be something like what hax did makes me cringe.
Last edited by snake; Jun 7, 2015 at 05:56 PM.
tell me about aikido
Originally Posted by Headles View Post
In the vids the wrists were not contracted while doing the clap, why is that?

because contracting wrists is as lame as using shovel and obviously have nothing to do with skill. if you rely on it to win - you clearly aren't good in aikido.
Last edited by snake; Jun 7, 2015 at 06:09 PM.
tell me about aikido
Originally Posted by snake View Post
because contracting wrists is as lame as usng shovel and obviously have nothing to do with skill. if you rely on it to win - you clearly aren't good in aikido.

(it actually brings some small advantages, but hey its a dumb move!!!!!!!!!!)

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
In the vids the wrists were not contracted while doing the clap, why is that?

Contracting your wrists nets you quite the advantage and can often cause wrist dismemberments in an aikido match, which is not optimal.
Also the elbow control that comes with the inside grab (when you can dq their elbow by using force from your wrist) is a bit of a problem.
When both players do not contract their wrists, both players have the same advantage and both rely on their skill to win.
It also looks better but that's just my opinion.
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Jun 7, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
(it actually brings some small advantages, but hey its a dumb move!!!!!!!!!!)

err.. it gives a huge advantage as you get an inner grab on opponent's triceps and get controll of his elbows directly, bypassing his wrists making it useless,
in one turn, with no skill required.

when you go with normal clap, none of players get any advantages / dissadvantages, so only your skill at that match is a deciding factor for who win/loose.
Last edited by snake; Jun 7, 2015 at 06:17 PM.
tell me about aikido
And what if both players contract their wrist then the match should be even right? Because most players contract their wrist in aikido.
And what if both players contract their wrist then the match should be even right? Because most players contract their wrist in aikido.

The grab is less stable with wrists contracted than with wrists relaxed/held/extended. And it does not look nice.

i am a bird now - Lil B