people playing: 105, servers online: 32, games played: 142,604,316 Top Player: HiPower

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Oaky
Dude
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 443
Clan: Evil



Legendary clans make me sad
I am sad that legendary clan rules are the way they are.
Why?
Ok now first you gotta know: clans can only become legendary by dying.

That means you only become a legend by not playing the game.
You get honored for not being capable of maintaining your organisation.

I'm okay with the fact that there aren't actual rules to become legend.
I can live with the fact, that legends just get picked based on popularity instead of actual archievements.
But the "being dead" part grinds my gears.

What do you think? Is the system fair as it is? Have I missed a detail that explains it all? Do you feel like I do?
evil Führer of Evil
Oaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Frost
clan mods are better than event noobs
 
Break Belt
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,138
Clan: Liquor



The clans that have become legendary are dead, meaning their time has passed as a whole. They do not have any major impact anymore, unlike the current clans, like Alpha.
Why would a current clan become legendary when they can still potentially have a bigger impact than they already have?
If one is dead, the legacy is done. If one is alive, the legacy continues.

My own opinion, don't kill me please.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,432
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by Frost View Post
The clans that have become legendary are dead, meaning their time has passed as a whole. They do not have any major impact anymore, unlike the current clans, like Alpha.
Why would a current clan become legendary when they can still potentially have a bigger impact than they already have?
If one is dead, the legacy is done. If one is alive, the legacy continues.

My own opinion, don't kill me please.

I get your point and it is indeed reasonable, but look at legendary players. They just are legends, and will keep being legends for the rest of their lives, whether they will still do bigger stuff or not
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
HOPE
 
Blue Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 673
Clan: Gangsters



Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
I can live with the fact, that legends just get picked based on popularity instead of actual archievements.

here is where you're wrong, those people and clans have been picked to have the legendary status because they HAVE achieved things, for example: replay making, those people who have been given the legendary status have achieved records and generally being known for having such unique replays and making replays like no other, almost every person who enjoys making replays look up to those people.

so basically they have been chosen for popularity AND achievements, i dont think they have been given the status JUST for popularity otherwise loads of other people who play this game would be legends also and i could name SO many people.
HOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Oaky
Dude
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 443
Clan: Evil



Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
here is where you're wrong, those people and clans have been picked to have the legendary status because they HAVE achieved things, for example: replay making, those people who have been given the legendary status have achieved records and generally being known for having such unique replays and making replays like no other, almost every person who enjoys making replays look up to those people.

so basically they have been chosen for popularity AND achievements, i dont think they have been given the status JUST for popularity otherwise loads of other people who play this game would be legends also and i could name SO many people.


You are right. The legendary clans can show certain archievements.
But I think I haven't made clear what I ment to say.
I ment to say: There is no possibility for a clan to make some sort of checklist to see if they are on a good way to become legendary. You just have to have the luck to get chosen. And that is based on popularity.
evil Führer of Evil
Oaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
HOPE
 
Blue Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 673
Clan: Gangsters



Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
You are right. The legendary clans can show certain archievements.
But I think I haven't made clear what I ment to say.
I ment to say: There is no possibility for a clan to make some sort of checklist to see if they are on a good way to become legendary. You just have to have the luck to get chosen. And that is based on popularity.

I understand and i completely agree, to have a legendary clan now, it's kind of impossible, they mostly do look at clans who have died and or was created when the game was made which is in-between 2006 - 2008, no clans that have been created over the last 3 years will never get a legendary status, even if they die or achieve cool things such as maybe win more than 1 clan leagues, have several players who are generally popular in the community or just die with your clan being like 10 years old
HOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
nikosefs
ub3r
 
Drunken Master Belt
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,988



hey you can take example from jolly, almost 10 years of activity,and i guess we were not popular enough for legend status
nikosefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,432
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
hey you can take example from jolly, almost 10 years of activity,and i guess we were not popular enough for legend status

im not sure why you didnt become legends though, I really thought you would
-----
Oaky: I think this is somewhat fair though, wouldn't be cool if a not-very-known clan got legendary status even if it has a lot of "legendary achievements". As role-models they should be further more than just a clan full of medals on their shelf, but also respected and famous around the community

oh and sorry for being so controversial here, I had in mind a clan with a wins in tournaments but all members are dickheads and act stupidly for example. Not that a clan like this exists (I guess), but I think that's a possibility

anyways sir already said this system has its flaws then my argument is kinda pointless

just wanted to say sorry, I felt dumb
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker

Last edited by Lionet; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,432
Clan: Vector



I don't see both things separated from each other but what you said is true

I mean, popularity usually comes from what the clan has achieved, and achieving things brings you popularity, even more in a small community such as this one. At least that's how things usually go
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
Diamond
 
God Belt
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,930
Server: Broken



I agree with Oaky. In the introduction to toribash legends it says this:
''The ToriLegends is a group comprised of the best players and artist around Toribash. They are meant to be the role-models of the community, and to give newer players something to strive for.''.
I think, legends don't fulfil this role, because most of legendary players and all of legendary clans are inactive.
Diamond is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:10 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game