Toribash
Original Post
Current State of Motorsports
Let it be F1, NASCAR, WRC, MotoGP, Indycar etc.

Here are 3 questions:

Do you think Motorsports now are more enjoyable over Motorsports back then?
Do you think Motorsports are too restrictive?
Do you think the world of Motorsports is dying/becoming irrelevant?
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
lol like 2% of the forum actually cares about cars.

when you're saying motorsports back then, how far back are you thinking? i mean 1970's stockcar racing was intense in it's way, but if you compare it to say modern nascar, it doesn't have the same thrill. back then it was a thrill to watch because of the danger in it. safety wasn't as great as it is today. today, the thrill comes from the speed and bumber to bumber racing.

no i don't think motorsports are too restrictive. if you want to watch cars bend because of no crash bars or rollcages, you can just watch uk bangers. if you want top speed racing, just watch nascar or something like that.

no i don't think it's dying at all. possibly changing direction of where it's going, but not dying. personally i enjoy d1gp and such things more than bumber to bumber nascar racing, and it seems that's what a big group of people think as well. d1 has gotten bigger for each year, and i doubt it's going to die anytime soon.
M I N I V A N
I don't believe that any form of motorsports are dying, sure, NASCAR is losing viewers but those viewers take their likes to other forms such as IndyCar, and F1 etc. It seems in the current meta of NASCAR or many forms of racing is that there are always the dominant teams with the best stuff performing every race and winning a majority of them. That gets old to watch over and over, but with many other forms of racing it is different every race and that gives the excitement of watching.

I also enjoyed watching older versions of racing because the competition was always fierce and made it enjoyable because people would make risky moves in order to advance a spot etc. It surely isn't dying, but more so changing over to a different form.
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
I don't go out of my way to watch a whole lot of motor sports, however when the Redbull Air Races were in town I did go over and watch them. As I am an aerospace engineer, that was fun because fast planes = cool.

You left out some of the most exciting to watch moto-sports. You completely ignored FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS and the extremely dangerous ISLE OF MAN TT.

Both of these are absolutely insane sports, and most people don't really watch them for the race to see who gets first place, they watch to see who can pull off the most insane stuff or for crashes and near death experiences as well as recoveries. That is what makes the sports exciting not the fact that someone is going to win. However I do concede that I personally watch to see the engineering marvels that are some of the top speed vehicles in the world drive at their limits. Of course as time goes on, engineering gets better and I feel as though that makes the races more exciting even with less risk to the drivers. Higher speeds = more wow factor

As long as motosports involve danger high speeds and insane stunts, people will watch them and I don't see this sport going anywhere any time soon.

Long story short different sports have different goals, I'm watching freestyle motocross to see some insane flips and tricks, I'm watching isle of man to see bikes drive at their limits dangerously. I watch air races to see ridiculous g forces aerial speeds and maneuvering.
🫷🦚🫸
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
You left out some of the most exciting to watch moto-sports. You completely ignored FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS and the extremely dangerous ISLE OF MAN TT.

Isle of man is just stupid in my opinion. Sure it's exciting to watch these bikes go at redline at highest gear, but doing so on completely normal roads, except the fact they're blocked off because of the race, isn't really my thing.
I'm not watching motorsports to see people die or get hurt beyond imagination. I mean sure, not everyone dies there. But out of all the crashes there, quite a few are fatal.

Though I'm no fan of any two wheeled racing, honestly. I do enjoy watching freestyle motocross now and then, but yeah, I prefer cars.
M I N I V A N
Same. I'm not really a fan of 2-wheeled racing. IMO, the sound of their engines are not as good as the sound of Nascar Stock cars, F1, V8 Supercars etc.
Personally though I like seeing home built cars more than anything. Seeing something like a volvo 940 (which is what I personally own) with a 2j swap going around a drift track is really cool. Heck, even seeing a volvo with any regular b230 engine in it, but with a huge ass turbo next to it is always going to be lovely to me, whether it made for drag racing or drifting.
M I N I V A N
Everything is so balanced atm, even the drivers in last place in F1 are amazing, but you wouldnt know that because F1 is all about money and developement.
I think the unrelatable motorsports need a bit of a rethink, but the more relatable stuff is going stronger than ever.

Amateur and short form racing like drifting or rallycross is still amazing.

The shortform racing in rallycross makes the competition intense and unpredictable. and the fact that their cars look, for the most part, like cars, makes me think, I can do that in my shitty Proton.

Drifting is cool because, well yeah, fast cars, big skids etc.
Realistic cars and its short enough that I can pay attention to a race.
I dont much understand the competition aspect of it, but watching amateurs on youtube, guys like adamLZ, start from scratch, then improve their cars and learn, really resonates with me.
Same with Noriyaro, car culture + Japan, thats like 2 of my favorite things.

I dont think motorsport is dead, but it, and car culture, are finding a new medium.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I'm a huge fan of F1 cars, but F1 as a sport isn't that exciting to me. Most of the time, the top 5~ cars in the first few laps are the ones who dominate 'til the last lap. I mean, just look at the 2017 season winners so far, it's basically the same the people. I have a huge respect to the sport and to the drivers, but the sport needs some more diversity and thrill to its races.
I'm a MotoGP fan and it seems more balanced than ever, last year we had 9 different race winners instead of ~3...
We have a living legend trying to get his 10th championship and alot of new guys/bikes able to fight for the title.
~ [Tribe]Shade ~