Toribash
Original Post
Shiai Tokens update
Hi, Shiai Tokens have received an overhaul!

As you may have noticed, your tokens are no longer inventory items but are an actual currency now.
You can see your ST balance in your account info page, and it will also be shown in game client's home screen with Toribash 5.41+

Shiai Token Exchange is gone too, but instead of waiting for staff to finally get you some new items to spend your tokens on, you can now buy any ex-USD item with Shiai Tokens at 1:1 ratio - any time! Any new items we release from this point onwards will also be available for ST as well as TC.

If you don't have enough ST to buy some items but want them right now because you're THAT impatient, you can purchase Shiai Tokens from Torishop here: http://forum.toribash.com/tori_shop.php?cid=84

This change is sort of a test run of how a "Premium currency" may work for Toribash opposed to direct USD payments for items. We'll be closely looking at feedback this overhaul receives and it'll be used to make the final decision whether this system should stay and later applied to TBN, or reverted back to old state.

As a final note, we'll be adding week-long discounts for select colors starting next week, so keep an eye on shop sales - maybe you can grab some Demon stuff for just a few ST!
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Also wait, so does this mean we'll be able to use Shiai Tokens to trade with eachother soon?

No, ST will remain untradeable.

Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
An example, if a low qi player wishes to purchase a no qi Pure Force, there'd have to save up 35 ST - an extremely difficult challenge for any player, especially less experiences players. This equates to winning +15 highly contested event squad held in-game tournaments, which aren't easy to win in the slightest.

Players generally aren't supposed to be able to obtain items with Qi requirements that exceed their belt easily. This update allows them to eventually get stuff without investing real money - if they keep winning ES events, logging in daily etc. There are no plans to simplify that even further.

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Do you think maybe St can be used as a discount on the items and then the rest can be bought with tc?

Probably not, we'd like to keep payment possibilities as either TC or ST, not both.

Originally Posted by FighterKHV View Post
Also, will some sets like Impure/Sakura/Spring etc return to ToriShop using new Shiai system or they still stay as limited edition ones?

Yes, we'll be bringing them back to shop. Will still likely stay somewhat limited (either being available for purchase for a short period of time, or super low stock).

Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Can you sell items that were for TC for ST? for instance the Candy Locks are 7 St, does that mean you can sell that item back to staff or someone for ST?

Shiai Tokens are still untradeable and there are no plans to change that - so no, you won't be able to exchange items to ST with other players, be it staff members or regular users.
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
I would like this to be a thing, it'd add another layer to the market. Although that would be another currency MS would have to moderate.

Same, I'd def sell these clout goggles
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Same, I'd def sell these clout goggles

Read above.
That's not in the plans
Pickled is alright
And fresh is quite a delight
Creati0n-approved
Think about the probability of you winning even just one ES tourney.

Now think about how many ST's you get once every week from logging in 7 days a week, consistently.

Then proceed to think about how many Shiai Tokens you'd likely get in a month.

Next, think about how many ST'S it costs to by a high-QI item you have enough QI for.

Finally, think about this conclusion..
...Shiai Tokens are now deemed worthless and is just a lottery currency for rich people that spend lots of money on Shiai Tokens when they could've bought the TC for a fraction of that price.

Am I making sense?
~ The past was once the present, but the present can never be the future. ~
Mistakes don't determine your future.

You know you wanna read me

[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3008822_3.gif[/SIGPIC]
For Daily Loggers Here is some calculation,
In one year there is 52.1429 weeks which means, you could possible earn 52 Shiai Tokens In One Year, and of course that includes some TC too. Talking about how to achieve it, well patience........................
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Read above.
That's not in the plans

Im aware.
ok, but how do I see how much i have now? bc i had 16 and the ST points just disappeared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]