Ranking
Original Post
Flashy flips and useless kicks
Stocking tricking/acrobatic replays here and looking for advice. Your opinion is appreciated!
Attached Files
##Hypercork (best yet).rpl (220.0 KB, 43 views)
##Masterscoot_st_DoubleGainer.rpl (271.3 KB, 29 views)
#True Kroc.rpl (90.6 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by RazerOrc; Jan 18, 2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Outdated
Bro that's Dope but the scoot in the first 2 replays looked weird but all in all great replays.
[TB4U]
You started the cork on your left leg so for hypercork you need to land on right.
Good replay overall but I don't like the contracted wrist for scoot.

Doublegainer was just disgusting. You didnt look human in the air but I guess you landed
it... everything after super twitchy

Webster is frontflip but you swing 1 leg behind you. So side webster is Run + backwards
swingthru + spin onto side. what you did is just sideflip.
Didn't have much momentum in the side flip so the hieght on the next trick isn't great.
Also snapuswipe Is usually done from raiz setup, that way you can get more speed.
But your landing wasn't bad.

True krooc doesnt flow well.
Thanks
Thanks for the critique. These weren't the most good-looking tricks, but rather the hardest ones that I have landed (except for hypercork and set-ups). I blame the twitchiness on my inexperience with 2 turnframes as opposed to 10. When I focus too much on each frame these sort of things tend to happen.
The reason I didn't do the snapuswipe from a cheat/raiz take-off was that I suck at them, I've never managed to do a good one. I even struggle to do hooks and and or any kind of spin-step move. I think it's hard getting the right amount of rotation on the right axis so that I can get my jumping leg under my center of mass and flip/twist.To be honest I didn't intend to do a snapuswipe, I was just playing with the concept of pushing to the side with my feet.

But anyways, thanks for the response. I really appreciate that you took time to watch my replays. Here is a rather weird one I made the other day...
Attached Files
##The world is my trampoline.rpl (134.1 KB, 10 views)
You've got some potential going on here. However, there is still much for you to learn.
Your overall movement is pretty stiff. Your setups tend to look nice but the tricks are very forced.

The Cork Dleg Hyperhook isn't very clean. The twist is slow and your hook is way below knee height. Remember to chamber your leg before kicking and adjusting it to gain maximum height on the hook.

Tak is a hard ass move to do well in tb, so props for trying it even though it doesn't exactly look pretty due to the stiffness.

The boxcutter is like 5 minutes of editing away from being really really good. Aa I said with the dleg hook, chamber your leg before kicking for more power and height. instead of waiting for the twist to end before going for the hook, prep for it while the twist is happening. I've attached an example of this.

I'm happy there are still people performing this, in my opinion, very unrepresented replay type. Just remember to try and stay original to keep the conept interesting. Good luck on your future stuff.
Attached Files
boxcutter edit.rpl (212.5 KB, 12 views)
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Thanks for the advice!

I hadn't really thought about the stiffness before. I'm pretty stiff when I trick irl too so I didn't think it looked that weird to be honest, but now that you mention it I think I could a lot harder and better tricks if let at least 2-5 joints be relaxed at any given point in time. I guess that would make it easier to sort of follow the momentum so that I don't lose power. I'm guessing will take some time to adapt my style but it will definitely be worth it.

As for originality, I think there is no point in tricking if you do the same thing as everyone else since it's supposed to be your personal blend of acrobatics and martial arts. That's why I try to do weird tricks like takuraba and vanish-flips, but because of my rather small move-pool my combos tend to be quite short and basic on a whole. That probably comes from the fact that I edit the same replays over and over instead of starting a new one and scrapping bad stuff.

Here is a replay where I practise the last part of the takuraba, threw it together in 15 min and just tried to relax a bit more. Looks like crab but whatever.
-----
I tried relaxing more, and got a ton of flipping momentum from a whatever setup. Was suprisingly easy and quick to make (the megacork, from the scratch this time), enjoy-
Attached Files
#Ironman.rpl (115.8 KB, 9 views)
##Megacork or Hypercork.rpl (179.8 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by RazerOrc; Sep 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Thought I made a new post
You should try a proper cheat setup opener like throw left arm and then right arm. Shouldn't be too hard with your skillz x)
これ何?ゴミ?
Yeah thanks, I'm working on it. Haven't quite figured out how to get power from a spin-step/cheat set-up. Here are two recent replays were I try to do switch-hook thingies, which I will make into a cheat set-up when I'm good enough at them. Tips are much appreciated (on power more than hooks).
-----
The last/latest replay is an edit of the cheat setup of my dreams (the one in the tricktionary 540 gyro). I only did the in-air stuff. It's not polished, just wanted to showcase what I want to be able to do.
Attached Files
##Loose Spinning.rpl (124.5 KB, 6 views)
##TD hook.rpl (325.8 KB, 12 views)
##Axy 540 gyro edit.rpl (130.6 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by RazerOrc; Sep 21, 2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Eh
Added a combo with a hook in it and a relatively realistic frontfflip (no pushing off toes)
Attached Files
##Realisticish Frontflip.rpl (109.2 KB, 8 views)