Ranking
Original Post
Scariest thing to happen to you
So out of curiosity, I want to know, what's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

I ask this because earlier today in Chemistry class, we had to work with 2 dangerous chemicals, Nitric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide, I think, don't remember the exact names (which alone can basically cause irreversible burns). We had to combine them and do stuff to them to see results, etc. and basically what happened is we combined the two chemicals, added water, and heated it up until it became this sort of black dust in a liquid. At this point the beaker was blazing hot so we had to use tongs to hold the beaker.

I used the tongs to lift the beaker to show one of my friends what was going on, and as I was putting the beaker back on the table, the beaker slipped between the tongs and broke. The chemical landed all over my hands. I learned eventually that the chemical wasn't dangerous at all, even though we combined two dangerous chemicals to it and cooked it. But at the time of the dropping I had absolutely no idea it wasn't dangerous, so basically my hands are covered in what I expected was a chemical that would burn through my skin.

So yeah, I got an unknown substance over my hand that was made combining 2 dangerous chemicals. Or if I had dropped it 10 minutes earlier, then it would have been some mix of nitric acid/sodium hydroxide that hadn't been cooked yet, which probably wouldn't have felt very good.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
The Time I got stabbed once in the arm and once in the shoulder area.. Like when you raise ur arm the muscle that ur armpit is near if you know what I mean :S

Scary as hell thought I was gonna die.

Ps.. it was over catfood the muggers thought it was beer :S
My my my what a unique thread lol. Oh well I suppose it is time we got an 11th one or so. For me, it has gotta be that one time when I was just about to beat that boss level, then- Holy crap. I have never done anything D:
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Well to me this wasn't that scary, actually i was more excited than scared. But back when i was around 8 years old, i was home with my older brother and my moms friend and his daughter who were living with us at the time. My mom and step dad were gone out of the country at the time.

WE were watching the news and there was a bad storm going on, so happens that it was creating tornado's and one of them touched down on a large hill near my trailer park. (yes i was/am poor black/white trash)

My brother was outside looking making sure there wasn't any tornado's heading our way. Sure enough the one that touched down near our house was headed straight for us.
My brother ran in the house and told us to grab our coats and get out of the house, by the time we got out of the house the tornado was in rock throwing distance and my brother grabbed my hand and started running towards a ditch with like a brick cove over it.

He was running so fast he was dragging me through tall grass. It was so long ago i hardly remember most of it, but i remember turning around and seeing a giant white wall or something.

Once we got in the ditch the tornado passed right over us and all kinds of shit was flying in and hitting us.

Did a lot of damage to our park but luckily no one died. Now when the tornado sirens go off i get pretty nervous.

P.S. i live in tornado alley. aka Oklahoma.
Last edited by Doxxy; Oct 21, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
Aka jusmi.
I think I haven't had an scary moment myself, but mostly being scared when something awful is happening to a person close to me/being what caused the situation in the first place. I can't really recall being scared of something happening to me.

What I do remember being scary as fuck is my sister almost being hit by a car, of course I ran into it and pushed her off the way but it was still somewhat scary, dat adrenaline. I haven't lived enough, I guess.
Doxxy that was a hell of a story!

I had a scary dream today xD

I dreamt that a monster was staring at me everynight while I was sleeping. Then one day I woke up and he was still there, staring at me. I really dident know what to do so In panic I punched him but it just went straight through his body. I tried escaping but the door was locked, weird because I never lock my doors. He just got closer and closer and just when he was about to probably kill me I woke up xD

holy fkkzzz now it feels like someone's watching me while im sleeping!!!

ps: this dream felt fkin real!! like it was really happening!!
Last edited by Mission_old; Oct 21, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
When my family was driving a 500km trip to melbourne and at night they had an argument and my mum stopped the car after my dad backhanded her on the face. She took her handbag and left while me and my brother were crying from hearing them both scream at each other.
The first time I got cramps on my leg.
I thought I was gonna get amputated
then after a while it was gone
when we were on vacation in Florida last year, i got one of those Awake-Dreams.
Maybe some of you know it, i sometimes get them, its scarrying. You lie in your bed, and you are awake, but you cannot move, and you also dream things that happen around you.

However, this night i was sleepwalking at this, waking up in the middle of the room, not able to move, and suddenly the curtain on the window went open, and there was something like a watercorpse with a knife behind the window.

The next 3 Days i didn't want to sleep, so i read all the night. True Story.
This one time I was at a friend's house, and there was a lot of construction going on in the local area because some big shot company decided to build houses all over a previously nice-looking hill.

Anyway, me and my friend and the other friends who were there decided to go play on one of the construction sites while the workers weren't there.
It was a lot of fun. We played hide n' seek, and had pirate battles with loose planks of wood. Things got bad when we decided to play tag.
You see, not all the walls had been constructed yet, and there was a lot of concrete foundation being built and set in place. I was on the second floor of the building and was being chased by the guy who was "it". I was looking behind me to see where he was, ran round a corner and... there was nothing to run onto.
I tried to skid to a halt, but ended up tipping over the edge... things seemed like they were going in slow motion, and were blurry. All I remember was staring down at the space below me and seeing a partially made wall with exposed rebar...
...and then my pursuer grabbed my arm and pulled me back to safety.

Safe to say, this was the scariest thing that ever happened to me.
There's a lesson to be learned here: don't let your kids play on construction sites :P