17 Votes / 68.00%
Modern
8 Votes / 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Classical vs. Modern Rock???
what do you like better?

modern: nickelback, gorrilaz, AFI, godsmack etc.

Classical: Queen, beach boys, the Beatles, the rolling stones,
twisted sister etc.
Originally Posted by Taas0 View Post
what do you like better?

modern: nickelback, gorrilaz, AFI, godsmack etc.

Classical: Queen, beach boys, the Beatles, the rolling stones,
twisted sister etc.

Another fail poll. Some modern rock bands are good some bad same goes for classical rock.

Listen to Jay Reatard and stop making fail polls.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

This poll makes you look like an idiot to any educated music connoisseur. First of all, the bands that you listed are not modern "rock" but rather, crappy pop bands. If you want modern rock, listen to U2, Radiohead, R.E.M., Pearl Jam, etc. These bands have evolved to a point that their "rock", if you will, has become the best being produced today. If you want to go even further, find some stuff thats underground, that many don't know of. As for classic rock, you seem to have some of the best picked at first glance... but what is a lame pop-metal band like Twisted Sister doing amongst the greats like The Beatles, Queen, The Rolling Stones, etc.? That's ridiculous! Secondly, I want to reinforce my friend DaBandito's point that comparison between subgenres is difficult if not impossible, due to the blurred lines between genres and the fact that some bands are simply better than others.
i.e.: (These don't necessarily reflect my views, i'm just trying to get a point accross)
Some would consider Twisted Sister classic rock.
Some would consider R.E.M. modern rock.
R.E.M. > Twisted Sister. Therefore Modern Rock is better.

Now, some would also consider the Beatles classic rock.
Some would also consider Fall Out Boy modern rock.
The Beatles > Fall Out Boy. Therefore, Classic Rock is better.

See how these statements contradict themselves? There's no way to come to a conclusion here unless you define yourself or make your question less specific. The former would be very difficult and the latter would be pointless. Thus, you're screwed.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
This poll makes you look like an idiot to any educated music connoisseur. First of all, the bands that you listed are not modern "rock" but rather, crappy pop bands. If you want modern rock, listen to U2, Radiohead, R.E.M., Pearl Jam, etc. These bands have evolved to a point that their "rock", if you will, has become the best being produced today. If you want to go even further, find some stuff thats underground, that many don't know of. As for classic rock, you seem to have some of the best picked at first glance... but what is a lame pop-metal band like Twisted Sister doing amongst the greats like The Beatles, Queen, The Rolling Stones, etc.? That's ridiculous! Secondly, I want to reinforce my friend DaBandito's point that comparison between subgenres is difficult if not impossible, due to the blurred lines between genres and the fact that some bands are simply better than others.
i.e.: (These don't necessarily reflect my views, i'm just trying to get a point accross)
Some would consider Twisted Sister classic rock.
Some would consider R.E.M. modern rock.
R.E.M. > Twisted Sister. Therefore Modern Rock is better.

Now, some would also consider the Beatles classic rock.
Some would also consider Fall Out Boy modern rock.
The Beatles > Fall Out Boy. Therefore, Classic Rock is better.

See how these statements contradict themselves? There's no way to come to a conclusion here unless you define yourself or make your question less specific. The former would be very difficult and the latter would be pointless. Thus, you're screwed.

Erm, no. You just made yourself sound like you know nothing. Not everyone likes the beatles better the fob, or rem better than twisted sister. Its a matter of opinion. An educated music connoisseur wouldn't be biased against the bands that he listed. You obviously were.
Originally Posted by Marshall96 View Post
Erm, no. You just made yourself sound like you know nothing. Not everyone likes the beatles better the fob, or rem better than twisted sister. Its a matter of opinion. An educated music connoisseur wouldn't be biased against the bands that he listed. You obviously were.

Not true. I am not talking about opinions here, as anyone has the right to LIKE one band more than the next. Rather, I am talking about the overall quality of the music of said band. For instance, I LIKE R.E.M. better than the Beatles, but I KNOW that the Beatles are a better band because of the fantastic music they created and the musicians and listeners they influenced. Yes, there is a point at which it becomes debatable which bands are better, but that point is NOT reached here. My point is, while i would laugh at someone if they said that they liked Fall Out Boy more than the Beatles, they are as you said, entitled to their opinion. However, if someone is seriously arguing that Fall Out Boy is a better band, they are simply wrong. I could list plenty of reasons, but I won't because you should know what I mean.
Classic rock is win like rolling stones,nirvana and Led zepplin
"Be obscure clearly."
The term classical rock is stupid too. Of course a band which has aquired the classic status is better than the newcomers. After 50 years we might be able to say which decade gave more to the rock as a whole. We are way too close to understand the worth of modern rock bands.

For example a poll between 60's and 70's would make much more sense.
but comparing 70's and 00's is just ridiculous.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay