Toribash
Ah lol im stupid and didnt see the giant WIP i still think the teeth look like something i saw before but great minds think alike i guess

I don't have much cnc but I was kinda pissed when you said other artists do better art because they have better art programs, I've been using Gimp 2.8 with a mouse from 2 years now and I think I've gotten better by just practicing art on limited tools gimp has It's all about practice. The thing I've noticed is that I've gotten better by looking up tutorials on how to do digital art instead of searching how to do digital art in gimp. once you learn the basics of digital art and how to use the art tools gimp has, it's not hard and you can find your own ways of using the tools gimp provides differently. (but you can also download Photo Shop cracked or something from sites if gimp isn't your thing). also take your time when doing art there's no need to rush, a decent head texture takes about 5 to 6 hours (at least for me. frick those anime weeb artists).

but yeah would recommend you to watch tutorials on digital art and just look at other people's art work.
While I never PS was the reason anyones art is better, I was merely implying (as you were), that Gimp has a more limited set of functions. Not to say one can't utilize those functions to create art at the same level as Photoshop. They would just have to become very familiar with the platform. Drawing pads just help.

I have watched a few tutorials on making heads, but maybe just general digital art is what you mean. I'll check some out. Maybe some texture mapping wont hurt too.

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
Ah lol im stupid and didnt see the giant WIP i still think the teeth look like something i saw before but great minds think alike i guess

I did watch a youtube tutorial and was trying to emulate the effect. It came out as a poor shading effect as you can see.
Last edited by kingmonste; Sep 26, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Would recommend watching borodante his art really helped me
Videos seem very helpful. Did a little bit of practicing with shading on some eyes. I don't think I'll finish this head, as I accidentally saved as flat image, but I'd love some feedback on the lines and shading mainly. Also tried a different nose style that I think adds enough detail without it being too much

Here Goes

Bump

Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Would recommend watching borodante his art really helped me

Checked out a couple of his beginner tutorials. Very interesting method but I see how it makes sense. I've started reworking the robo head with it. Ill post an update very soon.

I also took some time to remake the first cartoonish one. I would love for some feedback.

New

Last edited by kingmonste; Oct 5, 2018 at 05:34 PM.