Toribash
Original Post
THE TECHNIQUE SHARING THREAD - POST MOVES HERE!
If you ever played Advanced Moves in Fight School, the game gave you organized instructions on how to perform a move. I've realized people in the Toribash community have created their own techniques and have often shared their moves to other players willing to learn and improve their game.
I have a feeling this game has the complexity to make a place on this forum for strategy, advanced moves and technique sharing/discussion (Beginner Sanctuary). Similar to how the Starcraft 2 scene has Teamliquid for that. CHECK IT OUT
The community should know that techniques can only be performed completely against a dummy. Just like in the Starcraft community, the builds they do are meant to organize the battle they are in. The build is meant to keep them on track as their opponent does some other build.

In Toribash, the “early game” will be when the move is most used, I doubt a move can actually be performed all the way to the "late game".

We should call the techniques being shared, Move Orders.

Here’s an example of a Move Order
1. Stiffen, contract both pecs and knees, rotate chest to right, extend left glute, hands to grab
2. Space
3. Extend left knee, contract left hip, extend right knee, extend right hip, right bend lumbar.
4. Space
5. Control yourself in midair, this takes practice.

Doing this will also increase everyone's skill level, making the competitive Toribash Community more legitimate.

I’ll post the first few Move Orders. Feel free to even add a replay of the move being performed on a dummy. Give those Move Orders a name too! Thanks for reading. PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD.

“Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny” - Robert Heinlein
Game Reviewer | Fighting Game Commentator | News Reporter for eSports and the Fighting Game Community
I believe you're not allowed to post moves on forum, but I'm not to sure.
[03:39] <idabosswiz> can't you just set up a pass for ddos?
Forearm Kick-Off
Originally Posted by PTDx View Post
I believe you're not allowed to post moves on forum, but I'm not to sure.

suomynona says, "Wiki is currently down. Next best place would probably be Beginner's Sanctuary at present. There's technically nothing against the rules about posting moves (except in Tutorials, that doesn't want them), but there's nowhere to put them at present. Forgot to mention that this would great."

DaNooB23 says, "It would be nice to have a section of the forums dedicated to discussing strategies and techniques. I think it would probably turn more into a move sharing board though. Even still, it would be a great addition to the forums imo."

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS.
Last edited by BattleZone; Apr 22, 2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Game Reviewer | Fighting Game Commentator | News Reporter for eSports and the Fighting Game Community
Ah, that was it. I got it mixed up with the tutorials part. My mistake ;)
Forearm Kick-Off

This kicks off uke's forearm. Nothing much, but it's nice to watch.
  1. Hold all.
  2. Lower both shoulders
  3. Extend right hip.
  4. Contract left hip.
  5. Extend both ankles.
  6. Press space 4x (40 frames)
  7. Watch the show!

Do what ever you want after this is done!

(Couldn't find the owner of this Move order.)
-----
nathanjoe Combo
Use this in a twinsword4 match.
  1. press "c" (toggles joints to stiff)
  2. contract hips
  3. extend pecs
  4. press space (note=must be 50 frames!)
  5. contract pects
  6. raise arms
  7. and u go thru their body!!!
-----
SlyBash Spider Kick
  1. hold or relax all
  2. better hold
  3. raise shoulders
  4. extend left hip
  5. extend right hip
  6. contract knees.
You can do alot with it
Last edited by BattleZone; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This is a great idea! If anyone shares a good move, you should add it to the first post. And I agree, this should be stickied if people start share there moves.
Dunno
Gabriel11 Decap Head
  1. Press "c"
  2. contracting:Left Pecs,right pecs.Raising:left shoulder, right shoulder.
  3. Press space (2X)
  4. Lowering: Left Shoulder,Right Shoulder.Contracting:left hip, right hip. (2 type of hands)
  5. press space (3x)

Fun for head of Uke ^^
Also you can find some moves from here.
http://toribash.enikesha.net/
Well, I will share some.
Tonakai's brutal decap punch
1)hold all
2)Contract both elbows, relax left pecs, contract right pecs, rotate chest right.
3)Press space one time
4)Extend left elbow.

some random double elbow rip
1)Hold all
2)contract both pecs
3)space
4)Contract both elbows
5)Contract both wrists and grab with hands.
6)space.
meow
Originally Posted by PTDx View Post
Also you can find some moves from here.
http://toribash.enikesha.net/

That is so cool! Why didn't he just make a thread like this and add all those move orders?