Ranking
Original Post
Playing at work/school behind a firewall
EDIT: So I'm at school now, and the wlan over here doesn't allow me to play multiplayer. How can I make it work bawwwwwwwwwwww?!!?! See my latest post down there.

Umm so, I would like to play SP at work, since MP ports are probably blocked. The problem is, that I'm not administrator on this machine, so I cannot run any .exe -installers. What I need, is an uncompressed toribash-directory packed as a simple zip -file. Could anyone do this for me? Rapidshare is also blocked here, so there's gotta be a better place to upload. Maybe the developers could upload a zip-archive to the downloads-section also?

EDIT: I guess I should just put the game on a USB-stick at home and then bring it here.
Last edited by Kesman; Sep 3, 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: More stuff added to thread.
Playing at work is something we support.

You can zip your folder at home and bring it to work. That should work fine.

Only thing that won't work are the .rpl associations, but I think you can live without those.

Give network a try, if the multi player menu hangs, the firewall has probably closed the 22000 ports and above for TCP. In that case I suggest bribing your sysadmin. If you say we have a linux version of the game, he might loosen up a bit.
We should run some servers on port 443 for those behind a firewall.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
So I'm not at work anymore, but toribash doesn't work on my school wlan either. Veb mentioned a possibility to run servers on port 443 too. What is that port used for by default? Is there any chance to somehow use port tunneling to play toribash and how is it done? :O

EDIT: so I found out that port 443 is used in https-connections, and isn't blocked on our school wlan, or at least I can access https-sites. Dunno if multiplayer would work trough it.

Veb: I'll be hilighting you on IRC with a link to this thread, please don't get pissed about it =D
Last edited by Kesman; Sep 3, 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Originally Posted by SirusG View Post
Dude, congratulations on bumping a 3 week year old post!!!

Congratulations for failing.
Lol what a bad typo. Still you fail at bumping a 3 week old post. This is considered spam ._.
Christmas Ghost Humans do not value their existence.
Originally Posted by SirusG View Post
Dude, congratulations on bumping a 3 week year old post!!!

Oshi-

1. It's his thread.

2. Making a new thread about the (ultimately) same problem is unnecessary.

Congratulations for not using common sense.