Ranking
Original Post
And They Called It Drum And Bass
Just recently finished my first drum and bass mix ever, as I usually mix house. But, seeing as how I prefer dnb as a genre overall, I finally got on the wagon and tried my hand at mixing it. It took a little over a month but I finally have a finished product that I'm happy with, as my next one can only be better.

If you like liquid (jazzy) drum and bass, check it out and leave some love.

Click to stream it right off the net

My other mixes can be found via the link in my signature.

Tracklist of this mix goes as such:
Artist Name / Track Name

Danny Byrd - Gold Rush (Feat. Brookes Brothers)
Bachelors of Science - Hold On (Feat. Redeyes)
Bachelors of Science - People Together
Utah Jazz - Back In Time
Danny Byrd - Weird Science
Zero T - Why Would You
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Stay Loose (Teardrop) (Technicolour Remix)
Utah Jazz - Riddim Track
Danny Byrd - Planet Music V.I.P. (Feat. MC Foxy & Adrok)
Nu Tone - Kitsch N' Sync
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Fire (Burning)
Technicolour - Elastic
Danny Byrd - From Bath With Love (Feat. T-Lace)
Dude.......

That was seriously pro. Fucking amazing.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
I'd really like to know why you're dishing out the criticism and not the critic.

Anyhow I enjoyed it. I don't see any faults. 10/10
*listened to first track only*
Beta: YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT1!!! ITS LEGIT FULL 128! Morbon: joint textures and all? Beta: lol no fuck joint textures
Originally Posted by TaterLeTot View Post
I'd really like to know how you listened to a forty six minute mix in a matter of five minutes. >.>;

FUCKING GG

What I did listen to was really impressive though. Will get around to the rest later.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
Never been a fan of the concept of "mixing".

Nice selection of tracks, though. I think take-out-ninja was under the impression you made the tracks.

It's a bit sloppy at some of the swaps but otherwise it's okay.

Personally I'd get into making DnB if you like it, rather than reordering tracks.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Never been a fan of the concept of "mixing".

Nice selection of tracks, though. I think take-out-ninja was under the impression you made the tracks.

It's a bit sloppy at some of the swaps but otherwise it's okay.

Personally I'd get into making DnB if you like it, rather than reordering tracks.

I have been dabbling in producing. I have Fruity Loops, and my two older brothers have been producing for awhile - one of them for like ten years.

Producing and mixing are so much different on so many levels though, each difficult in their own ways - for example, I still can't produce worth crap though I've been practicing for awhile, whereas my brother who's been producing for such a long time can't mix to save his life. My other older brother is kind of the middle ground, he does both haha.

I actually really, really enjoy mixing. A lot. =O
If you want to make DnB, do not, NOT, use fruity loops, you will get stuck on it, and its possibly one of he worst industry used pieces of software. Id suggest Reason (Logic Pro, if your a mac user) to make DnB, trance, house, dubstep etc. Its a complex tool, but very, very powerful

Back on topic: I like it, as m0o said, some of the transitions were a bit messy and stuff, but overall its a nice piece (i didnt listen to it all, btw)
You can use reason on mac.

Anyways, I think this whole mixing thing is pretty bullshit. You didn't actually create anything.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well