Toribash
I would never go for an AMD. Unless it's a phenom triple or quad core.

Intel=very reliable and the best bang for your buck. AMD is mainly for tight budgets imo.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
How about crysis or gta iv?

never played either, supposedly it will run crysis 1080p with max settings at 10 fps which is VERY good for the price of it :P And ill check with gta IV

EDIT: GTA IV: framerates 25-30 fps with settings like this

Configurations are Medium / Very High / Very High / Very High / Highest
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
I would never go for an AMD. Unless it's a phenom triple or quad core.

Intel=very reliable and the best bang for your buck. AMD is mainly for tight budgets imo.

Im sorry but that last statement made me lol. AMD gets you SOOO much more for your money. Intel is in fact better, but unless you are willing to drop a couple hundred dollars for one of their i7's or i5's which constantly is getting a socket change, you should go AMD. This is, of course if you want intel's latest generation, however their last generation is still overpriced (definitely not as much as their latest generation though)

tl;dr version:
intel--> best performance but WAY too pricey
AMD--> Best bang for your buck and has an amazing 3-6 core line. Their duals are still good, but I'd reccommend a tri or better in these coming years
Last edited by Shlimby; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: didnt finish one of my sentences... lol
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm
So that's maybe halfway of where he wants to be, assuming he uses a 1080p monitor. Probably enough with a lower res one though!

Of course, what cpu were they using in the benchmark?
GTA IV is a pretty lousy port and also depends on the cpu more than most games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Idk, i might try it though if i can find gta IV for mac, i have an intel core 2 duo 3.2GHz ;o
Oh I didn't know it was a mac.

....I think even if you can find a copy for mac. Oh wait, you can use bootcamp, I forgot.

Well, that would be great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]