Ranking
Original Post
need help getting gaming pc
ive started to get sick of my old mac for the fact that i cant run shit because it isnt intel...
and ive decided that another mac is too expensive and i would probably prefer dealing with viruses then programmes that you can run windows stuff through...
so im willing to switch to pc (i still agree mac's are better... but i want what it cant give) but im looking around the internet and when i see a affordable good spec pc it always has a downside like a shit graphics card or the inability to control its bladder
so i have asked upon the tori community to help me find a computer
+rep and a future favor if ever needed (may include tc) is up for grabs for the 1st person to find me a computer with the specs:
must run EVE low spec
would prefer shader capability in toribash
cheap :P (under £500)
purchasable in the uk
BIG LAZORS THAT GO PEWPEW!!! THAT WOULD ROXXORZ!!?!?!!111eleventy11!

please help a toribashian in need :3
my advice to you from me would be never ever even if it looks good go to PC world.... they are a bag of shite.
Hu loves orangesoda?
Originally Posted by orangesoda View Post
my advice to you from me would be never ever even if it looks good go to PC world.... they are a bag of shite.

advice taken
i cant find shit on there site... and every good looking one has a really bad downside...
i dont know where i would find a good one though... looked on dell site and there is a crap selection...
i suggest u google pc shops small private firms in your area
get them to custom build it
will be cheaper etc and better
Hu loves orangesoda?
i looked on a custom set up site and basically but in the lowest specs possible for all the options and missed out quite alot... and it says it cost £1200... HOLY SHIT
is this the standard price for something that would run eve?!?? i thought macs were expensive... latest specs is £799 with mac
Build it yourself, it will be much cheaper in the long run and you'll learn a lot of valuable information. And if it ever breaks down, you know exactly how to repair it yourself.
eugh, god

ok advice taken but i havent had any experience with actual pc parts and have been using macs for a long time
could you tell me a place to start a project like this? where to get the peices? i dont have a pc to build upon
If you're in the US, www.newegg.com has some good deals if you plan on building it yourself.. Just be sure what you get is compatible

[T]
#hi

It would be handy if you went out and got a book from the library or even used the powers of the Internet to guide you.

Search for something like "building a PC guide" on Google.

To build a PC is simple:
- Case
- PSU
- Motherboard
- Hard-drive
- RAM
- DVD-Drive
- Video card

Are you in the US? I hear a lot of good things about newegg.com from people living in the US. Their hardware is cheap, and each product has reviews from the users, which should make it easier for you to decide what parts to get.

EDIT: Oh noes! Ishi beat me
EDIT2: lol, he's in the UK. We need to learn to read Ishi
If you are a gamer, you definitely need to not ever buy a store-bought computer. You'll either get crappy parts or pay way too much.

Try to find a friend who's put together a decent computer. Usually people like that are eager to help a friend put a new computer together. I know I am, I just love spending other people's money!

It's really not too hard. Every cable has connectors so you can't mistakenly plug something in wrong. The worst you can do with cables is not plug something in. The trickiest part is seating the CPU and heatsink, but you can look up videos of how to do that on Youtube.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.