Ranking
yeah shadings never been my forte, more of a line and impression person
thought id try get the basics down tho, everything looks rough as shit on the flat, but blends quite nicely on the sphere, pleasantly surprised, the hair is pretty much looking like a dogs breakfast, but it mostly works ingame
not sure il be able to improve on the hair much as i am, need to practice and experiment more
still need to correct the eyes and nose.
clever me didnt draw the iris on a separate layer and is feeling lazy

in the mood to do something grungy and outlandish now
hate messing around with low opacity stuff, feels so soft
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Hair could easily be a lot worse so well done, it looks like you aren't that bad at shading you just need to be less careful about it and go a bit nuts if you want the shading to be more noticeable which isn't always an advantage.
I would have used a smaller brush on the hair, but it looks alright. It sorta looks like melted cheese.
ezeth: eh, girls are softer and wear too much make up, their faces all look flat anyway
will go heavy on the contrast with my next one, as i said, wanna go dark and grungy, something with abstract colours, sorta like Kratos from god of war
wafflez: yeah i agree, dogs breakfast on the flat, tried using a smaller brush, but was getting impatient and am trying to work my drawing confidence up so i can feel comfortable using the negative space, solid colours and fewer brush strokes

thanks for the Comments sofar, nice to see i can still draw a little bit
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Yeah its not that, its just another kind of flat. Its bright over here and dark over there and not many smooth transitions between these two. You don't need to make the shading darker or lighter just smoother.
http://www.underwalls.com/wallpapers..._face_2753.jpg

but yeah you got your style and I like it.
also a slight update on this one, hairs mirrored for now just to get the general idea across
hairs alot more successfull on this one, took more time on it
much prefer working with this sketch style, hopefully il be able to merge that with better shading in the future
Damn son! That head looks great. But it really doesn't fit with the rest of that head. That kind of hair would look better with the female head.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
Had no photos last 6 years, thought I'd ask someone to take one.
Last edited by Deiz; Apr 29, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Ashton Kutcher?
Really don't know how to CnC photography.
but right now, I don't see much emotion in it.
You totally ignored the rule of thirds.
Colors are ok. I guess...
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures