ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Market Touch-Ups
Hi! I've had an interesting thought for quite some time. And I've found some things in the market to be quite annoying.

1) Why are players able to edit prices and put them on the market for more than Torishop price? Is there a definite reason as to why this was allowed in the first place? Due to this, the market is extremely cluttered with junk and it makes it difficult to search the market for items to spend a large amount of TC on. To give an example, when I punch in my TC and what I'd like to spend, and punch in my qi and click search, I have to go to the last available page. When I go to the last available page, all I see after page after page after page are useless junk such as a Chronos Grip or Aqua DQ for 10,000 TC or even more. Would it not make sense to create an automatic system that takes down all listings that are priced more than Torishop price and blocks players from continuing to do so? This would make the market so much cleaner and easy to use in pretty much every way in my opinion.

2) Upon searching, the search tab is extremely sensitive and strict. In order to find an item I'm curious about but can't figure out what item it is exactly, no listings will appear at all unless the item I'm looking for is 100% correct and worded properly. Is it not simple to make the search tool a little more broad but doesn't throw in a bunch of other items related to the search?

These are just a couple thoughts I've had recently and feel should have some attention. If these idea's and thoughts offend you at how stupid they are then feel free to explain why! Thanks everyone.

-Aikido
~ The past was once the present, but the present can never be the future. ~
Mistakes don't determine your future.

You know you wanna read me

[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3008822_3.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Aikido View Post
Hi! I've had an interesting thought for quite some time. And I've found some things in the market to be quite annoying.

1) Why are players able to edit prices and put them on the market for more than Torishop price? Is there a definite reason as to why this was allowed in the first place? Due to this, the market is extremely cluttered with junk and it makes it difficult to search the market for items to spend a large amount of TC on. To give an example, when I punch in my TC and what I'd like to spend, and punch in my qi and click search, I have to go to the last available page. When I go to the last available page, all I see after page after page after page are useless junk such as a Chronos Grip or Aqua DQ for 10,000 TC or even more. Would it not make sense to create an automatic system that takes down all listings that are priced more than Torishop price and blocks players from continuing to do so? This would make the market so much cleaner and easy to use in pretty much every way in my opinion.

Well this is harder to explain if you're a newer member but on the ''items'' section in the market http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64
you are able to create threads that let you buy items for cheaper than the market price, or you can offer on other members threads on items they have that you would like.
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Well this is harder to explain if you're a newer member but on the ''items'' section in the market http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64
you are able to create threads that let you buy items for cheaper than the market price, or you can offer on other members threads on items they have that you would like.

Yes, however I've been using the forums since 2013. I am aware of outside activities besides the market itself. But a lot of the time, specific items aren't popular enough through the forums and you end up waiting days on end to find the item you're looking for but even then, that's a gamble. Which is why it's nice to have the market at hand. Though, the market could use a little attention since I and many other players I know use it as a price a margin or simply to "quick buy" items that you're impatient for.
~ The past was once the present, but the present can never be the future. ~
Mistakes don't determine your future.

You know you wanna read me

[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3008822_3.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Aikido
1) Why are players able to edit prices and put them on the market for more than Torishop price? [...]

Items aren't always in stock in the ToriShop, and item prices may increase/fluctuate depending on current market demand and supply. Anyone can increase their prices at any time to whatever number they please.

[...] To give an example, when I punch in my TC and what I'd like to spend, and punch in my qi and click search, I have to go to the last available page. When I go to the last available page, all I see after page after page after page are useless junk such as a Chronos Grip or Aqua DQ for 10,000 TC or even more.

Tick "Show only the cheapest offers."

2) Upon searching, the search tab is extremely sensitive and strict. In order to find an item I'm curious about but can't figure out what item it is exactly, no listings will appear at all unless the item I'm looking for is 100% correct and worded properly. Is it not simple to make the search tool a little more broad but doesn't throw in a bunch of other items related to the search?

It may be possible to search for items by their category in the shop, but I'll leave that for a developer to comment on.