ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Chernobyl.
I think I spelled that wrong.

Here is a ten minute video.

Hopefully it embeds...

Um, ok, if that doesnt start working, here is a link. http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=715959234
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Light hearted, but still a grim reminder.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Grim yes, but a dream come true for urban explorers, historians, collectors and parkourists.

I have heard many stories of this snapshot of the past.

Also, i loved the bit with the Draganov SVD and the AK-77U. Daymn... <3
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Being from America, and not really paying attention until late in my life, I never really heard about this before. I had heard the name, but I had no clue what happened there. It really hit me pretty hard.

glad you guys watched it. The people who made it did a whole web series, its all called "the Vice Guide To *insert place*" Its a really cool little group of films. For example, in one of them the big guy with the beard go's Japan and f*cks a doll ...

I can see how that might not seem like entertaining viewing, but its damn funny.

To find more just explore the link a bit, you should see it.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
never...? heard...? of Chernobyl? :O

wow, pretty sure ive known about it since i was like 8...

Its the only (major) nuclear meltdown ever... Cant believe you didnt know about it, especially considering that America uses nuclear power, and that is what you are risking.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Well, Europe was touched by this explosion, so we are quite aware of it, even if there has been a festival of lies.^^
In France, at the time, politics just said that the radioactiv cloud that went out from tchernobil (that is how we are used to spell it in french) just stopped by the border of France and went around it ^^

Of course it is a fairy tale, and surely are people still contaminated from that time. Btw it reminds me it was around the period I was born, maybe was I infected at my birth, that would explain a lot of things ^^ (by example this third arm growing in my pants when I look at the girls' thread ^^')

On a more serious note, it is quite startling to see this documentary, and see how ppl still live there. One can understand how games like "stalker" can come from this historical and realistic base. It is a new step in science fiction and unfortunately it is not as fictional as we would like to...
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click