ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Multiplayer 'No Connection..' bug/error?
Description:
When i start multiplayer the server list begins to refresh and often, although not always, the descrition reads 'No connection' it then continues down the list repeating the same routine. I can still access the servers if i click on them but often the connection speed will be slow and i'll get lag. Occaisionally if I enter a server and refresh the whole llist one or 2 rooms will then show appropriate description and player info, I can enter these rooms and play normally eg. fast response on text and able to quickly press space and go yellow (ready).

This is not always a problem. the stderr.txt read "safe_send: timeout error 0" when it was occurring.

Questions:
Is this a serverside issue or does the problem come from my end?
I have an 8meg ADSL connection with 'F9' which is part of the 'Plusnet Group' in the U.K. Does the problem lay here? Is it a contention issue for the packets? I can change ISP if anyone knows of good deals in the U.K.

If it is a hardware issue I will provide details...
Thx.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Choo! Choo!
Re: Multiplayer 'No Connection..' bug/error?
the problem is somewhere in the middle.

It is caused by timeouts due to high pings, which is what also causes the lag.

The servers are in the US and Asia, meaning that when there are problems, the speed slows down.
e.g. a short while ago, there was an earthquake in Asia and many people couldn't connect to the Asia servers for a while.

All I can say is avoid those servers which return no connection as you will get lag and a slow speed, and use the other servers.
I has a flavour
Re: Multiplayer 'No Connection..' bug/error?
Ok thanks Slainvet. i'll just have to be patient and wait for the connection to improve. (still no server showing connection )

In the meantime, any plans for an official european server? I know they're costly so i'll gladly clcik adverts forever to raise funds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Choo! Choo!